IGNORED

Best way to play sacd-iso MCH

On 10/18/2018 at 2:50 PM, bobbmd said:

@Kal Rubinson & @harriek: thanks Kal as i said it's just my ear 'observations' but as i said hardly listen to them anymore just listen my 'library' that is on iTunes(try not to use THAT anymore) as  all my 'ripped music is on TIDAL Qobuz ROON and Audirvana+3 anyway the sound probably is 'equal' as you say. Plus i have hundreds of extensive playlists(regular and 'Masters/MQA) on all the above services and 2 players using the 2 DACs i mentioned and i am in audiophile heaven so to speak- i especially enjoy playing with 2.1 vs 7.1 vs DSP plx music vs pl2 music vs prologic (enhanced and otherwise) vs various venues ie the Bottom Line/Hall in Munich,Vienna, Freiburg, The Roxy Theater  Classical-Opera etc vs  surround sound enhanced surround etc on my rather ancient Yamaha rx-v2500 AVR

thanks for your input also harriek still have no desire to invest in equipment like Oppo etc just to rip SACDs and my CFO would never allow it anyway!!

bobbmd

this could only happen if your setup for playing the ripped files is worse than for the disc - say a cheap DAC and PS vs. an Accuphase or ARC disc player

or... your perception is being influenced by visual inputs or some other variable unrelated to SQ

but do whatever you like the best - if your aesthetic experience is enhanced by playing a disc, do it - similarly for some of the better scotches, burgundies, or even... absinthe