IGNORED

Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Complaining for too many options?

Please remember that the upgrades to higher level DAC happen by paying price difference and shipping cost only. This allows you to be up to date without the need of selling previous gear, loosing money on it and then buying new higher model gear which is the case with most audio gear. With Lampizator you send back your base Atlantic and get Golden Atlantic for price difference of new vs new. For me this makes it the best option out there. Also you can upgrade in a unique way to have a tailor made DAC just for yourself. People sell on their own and buy new because they make more money this way in most cases. Also nobody forces you to upgrade right? I know this hobby is like cancer but its good to know when to stop.

For me it's like complaining for too many engine and interior options in car dealership :-) But lets imagine car companies do it the way Lukasz does:

I go to Dodge dealership, get basic Challenger and then after a year or two have it upgraded to Hellcat by paying only price difference of my previous new car vs the newest model... Year goes by and a new Challenger Demon comes out! I go there, pay the difference and leave the place in a new beast! I don't know about you people but it would be great for me, so with is it bad with audio?

Having freedom of choice is great!

Hello Michal,

How is your GA doing? How many hours do you have on it?

Look forward to your listening impressions and feedback.

Regards.

Hi Nikhil :-)

Yes its been MANY hours, for sure 300+ and I like my new Lampi very much. Its all I wanted to have, reminds me of old school Lampi sound, very direct, quick, dynamic with great depth. Each album I go thru shows something more, quite surprising. I feel that I need to listen to all my music again. My initial plan was to let it play for a while and then go with Duelund cast Ag coupling caps only as I did in my previous DACs. This change brought the realism to whole new level. But honestly I don't feel the need to in this case. There was a moment when my system lost dynamics and became dry, which worried me, but it only lasted about two days and all came back better after this small crisis.

Its a very direct presentation and it pairs up with my 219ia VERY well. For rectifiers, in my system the EML 5u4g does magic, but In SS system (Accuphase A70) the KR 5u4g seemed like a better fit providing more complete feel.

I also upgraded most of the tubes in my 219ia but this is for another topic I guess...

• 2 weeks later...
Michal, that looks fantastic! Those LM amps are world beaters.

I know you might have mentioned before but what tubes are your running now?

Hi Nikhil

Now I have Tungsram ECC83 (also Mullard), 310A are OTK (USSR 1960s), 300B are KR, and latest upgrade 845 WE replica Psvane. Amp is really great and pair with GA it makes a very well matched system.

• 3 weeks later...