IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

On 1/11/2018 at 12:16 PM, Lee Scoggins said:

Is this focus on mobile wrong?  I work on digital transformations a bit at work and the mobile focus is real among consumers.  How can a new music format attract customers at scale if they don't offer mobile access?

To me this is a key selling point of streaming.  One of the things I like about my Tidal subscription is being able to try new music in real time while shopping at record stores.

What’s a “record store”?

On 1/11/2018 at 12:39 PM, Lee Scoggins said:

So what?  This is just accurate reporting. CA is a hostile community to many.  Perhaps Chris thinks this brings out a more lively debate but the side effect of the hostility is that it scares off many experienced people.

You and others have attacked my character without knowing me or my intentions.  I don't see value in responding any more to your posts.

Lee - you are missing the point.  

a) you are not a journalist and it’s obvious.

b) you are not knowledgeable on the tech and that also is obvious.

c) it’s also obvious that you somehow have a dog in this fight.   Financial, desire for access....  something.... cause you just aren’t seeming reasonable or logical. 

And for a McKinsey data guy, that’s sketchy as can be.   Because

you should just know better.

or....  you know exactly how this works.   Just barking up the wrong tree on this forum.    

7 hours ago, rickca said:

There are a whole bunch of audio companies who have invested in MQA implementation for their products that hope you're wrong.  How did MQA manage to get so many partners onboard?  It's a remarkable achievement even if you think the whole thing is misguided (as I do).

As Lee noted earlier, it’ll be up the consumer.  

9 hours ago, Lee Scoggins said:

While I agree with much of this Chris, there should be boundaries.  Earlier my competence as a consultant was questioned.  Given that my consulting work has no bearing on the discussion, why is this necessary? 

There should be a basic level of respect for participants...but to be honest I don’t see that being the case if you support elements of MQA.

Lee - your self awareness is highly limited. Take a step back and consider why you are receiving the grief that you are (and why you keep coming back for more).

This isn’t  the Hoffman forum and seems that’s what you are looking for.   A nice little industry honeypot for the shills such as yourself (and an increasingly docile user base).