IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

SOtM Master Clock + tX-USBultra  + Singxer SU-1 Build

Hi elan

Fascinating clocking config.

Would you kindly shed some light on the use of the clocks?

Are you using the SU-1 most for I2S output? 

What is your DAC?

Your tX-USBexp is inside a WIN10 server I suppose. Is it Roon server too?

Best rgds

Denis

47 minutes ago, elan120 said:

This upgrade project utilizing all 4 clock outputs from sCLK-EX clock board inside of txUSBUltra as shown in the diagram I attached.  One clock output (12MHz) is assigned to txUSBUltra already, as for the remaining 3, I use one output (48MHz) to change out stock txUSBexp clock, and the remaining two are used in SU-1, where one output to change out the stock 24MHz USB input clock, and the other output change out both 22.5792MHz and 24.576MHz output sampling clocks.

Wow Kevin

Very innovative use of clocks to sync your SU-1 DDA as opposed to putting emphasis upstream.

Also very bold choice of Singxer SU-1 and Holo Spring DAC (is that level 1, 2 or 3?) - these have reputation in forum chatter as giant killers :).

Most interested in your AQ impressions, especially as you step thru the effects of the master clock and individual clocks.

Even better if your system in time can be compared with other clock-chained systems.

Denis

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Nenon said:

My absolute favorite is the Mundorf 15.5 AWG Silver / Gold wire...

... sounded so much better [compared to the Ghent Neotech 7N Cu 16AWG JSSG360].

Hey Nenon, saw your original post back in july. Glad you remind us.

A rough est to make a 1 foot Mundorf Silver/Gold cable would be around USD 100, right.

That sounds like an amazing step up compared to a 1 foot Ghent Neotech 7N for US$79.

What other parts to buy to make a 1 foot JSSG360 version? Will PM you.

Denis

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jean-michel6 said:

.... That is truly an excellent results to have this roughly 2500$ set up challenge successfully a 20 000 Euros drive !

Very impressive jean-michel

So you were comparing FLAC or DSD files played on your supermicro server, eR and eRED-DOCK chain against the APL CD/SACD Transport?

What did the APL play - files or discs?