IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

Interesting, I think this is essentially what I was planning on doing, but wasn't sure if it would yield good results...

With an "audio tweaked Windows 10 PC" + an LPS powered Elfidelity USB card occupying a PCI slot. (Because I already own this)

I plan to use a "USB to Ethernet Adaptor Plug" on the LPS powered USB card... straight to the mircoRendu or sms-200

Jriver will be set to DLNA mode, I will control everything from that PC, no separate NAS, no local network router.

I guess I should expect pleasing results then?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok hate to ask this, but is anyone up to the task of creating a simple and clear step by step tutorial for both Mac and Windows machines for us laymens out here? It would be much appreciated. I followed this thread initially but it quickly turned to Greek lol.

Just wait for the microRendu 2 Super Edition with Femto Clocks and Direct Connect Hyper Drive Technology. ...In black.

tech.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cornan said:

Yes, it is possible to run it with the battery charger disconnected. That is how I run it while listening to music myself. However, it is actually very good with the charger connected as well. Far smaller differencies compared to batteries alone than what I heard with my other battery packs incl KingRex uPower etc etc etc.

Hi.  May I ask, what is the input voltage and amperage requirements both with, and without batteries? 

Given that the batteries are powering multiple LT3045's, does that mean the batteries are always powering 2A? 

6 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I have´nt actually measured the output amperage just yet, but there is no point either. The BluWave GI Spdif output that I am powerig will only pull the amount of amperage it needs...and it needs very very small amount of current (0.0X range). Even if it is a 2A LT3045 at the output it do not supply a constant current. The great thing about the 2A LT3045 is that 4 parallel LT3045 will improve noise reduction vastly and is far better than just a single 0.5A LT3045.

The input voltage is 8.4V (If I remember correct it is 500mA, but I´ll need to check that if you want it confirmed. I´m at work now) but can be powered with other voltages as well according to the seller. Output voltage is 5v only.

Thanks for that.  

I guess I'm just a bit confused over the amperage requirements of the LT3045 regulators. 

I always thought they needed their full amperage rating on the input side to come alive...

If not, then this device makes more sense to me.  Cheers.