IGNORED

Inexpensive small-footprint USB audio computer speakers

Seems like a rather elaborate setup for a $200 pair of speakers, but you claim a significant improvement in SQ. I participate in this forum to try to learn about the hobby, and I still think I know comparatively little.

I have a pair of A2's. What is it about mounting speakers on a vibration-isolating material like foam rubber that degrades the sound, as opposed to "coupling" them to hard materials like wood? Does the wood resonate to enhance the bass?

I use isoacoustic stands, but the principle is the same.

Desltop 1.jpg

Agree .. emotiva speakers read John Darko reviews or innerfidelity: big thumbs-up for the S4... I have a pair of audioengine A5 + and I got those for a Fab bang for the buck ( used great condition US$190) and I'm even looking for a pair of emotiva 4S to replace them.. I am also ordering a nice little Pioneer sw-8mk2 subwoofer to feel in the mids and lower frequencies better

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Agree .. emotiva 4S speakers.. read John Darko's reviews or innerfidelity (etc): big thumbs-up for the S4... I have a pair of audioengine A5 + that I just got for a Fab bang for the buck ( used great condition US$190) and I'm even looking for a pair of emotiva 4S to replace them.. I am also ordering a nice little Pioneer sw-8mk2 subwoofer to feel in the mids and lower frequencies better..Just got the audioengine stands too