IGNORED

The Inner Ear & Crystal Glass

rando

Alcohol dulls the senses, I never drink if I will be doing serious listening. Ever notice how after a few drinks the bar's sound system starts to sound good?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I agree. Actually I've been having a non-alcoholic period for the last three years, which is quite a suprise for me (I used to like mainly good dry wine). I still like the taste of wine or good beer but but I don't enjoy the way it affects my consciousness.

So - strong tea. Usually with lemon.

Some time ago I watched a BBC documentary. It was about an independent academical study of harmfulness of 20 (legal and illegal) substances. They took three aspects into consideration : social harmfulness, health harmfulness and death risk. The conclusion was - the most harmful drug on the market is obviously heroine. The next 3 places (I'm not completly sure this was the exact order but probably so): cocaine, methamphetamine and annabolic steroids. Number 5 ...alcohol.. Some academic commenting on this said 'if alcohol was invented recently there would be probably no chance for it to be legal anywhere in the world'. No 9 - tobacco, 10 - marijuana. No 17 - LSD, 18 - ecstasy (both are schedule 1 drugs in many countries meaning in the same group as heroin and in the USA marijuana is in the same group too).

BTW I think that a study on the infleunce of drugs on the perception and creation of music could be an interesting one.

Any thoughts on that, guys.?

And BTW my abovementioned 'non-alcoholic' period is in no way connected with watching this documentary.

Any cognitive psychologist will guarantee that if you just sit a bottle of your favorite beverage on the stereo while listening, the you will rate sound as better.
Provided the dose won't be higher than the one that makes rating or judging anything difficult!