IGNORED

MrWicked and Ted_B: An Update Please...

I just wanted to first say "Hi!" to two of our DSD "ultra-gurus": MrWicked and Ted_B. Hope you both are doing well! Oh, Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

Could either of you, or both, please give us here at CA an update reference your combined endeavors in your SACD-ripper project that you have been working on for many, many, many months??

I'm sure we'd all love to hear from you both, as some of us have growing SACD collections just waiting to have their DSD files ripped into our computers and DSD-capable DACs.

Thanks so much for your time and attention.

i would think ther project is dead due to the SACD ripping developed for Oppo and other players. Whole thread in the Software section.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

Is this potentially less costly than purchasing high def files?

Depends. I think you have to figure that out: Do you own the SACDS or will you have to purchase? Do you own one of the correct players or will you have to purchase? If you have to purchase all items then probably just less $$ to purchase the files. If you own an OPPO or other compatible player then you have to work out the economics.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers