IGNORED

Question regarding streaming with Oppo 103

Hi There,

I'm a newbie regarding streaming.

I own an Oppo 103 and I live in europe, meaning I don't have access to Pandorra services, a shame as I listen a lot to jazz radio.

So there is a way to stream radio from iPhone or MacBook with the Oppo?

I use right now a Bluetooth receiver who is handy but I would like to avoid the one more box/power supply it needs ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

Harmonic 313

Maybe through UPnP/DLNA?

You'd have to configure a device (router, computer) that is connected to the internet and can work as a DLNA server to stream radio stations to DLNA-clients (like the Oppo)

Here's how it works with the popular (in Europe) Fritzbox router ("3 Setting up web radio stations"):

https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7390/knowledge-base/publication/show/274_Setting-up-FRITZ-Box-Media-Server/

I will try later if this works with my Oppo 93

Claude

Maybe through UPnP/DLNA?

You'd have to configure a device (router, computer) that is connected to the internet and can work as a DLNA server to stream radio stations to DLNA-clients (like the Oppo)

Here's how it works with the popular (in Europe) Fritzbox router ("3 Setting up web radio stations"):

https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7390/knowledge-base/publication/show/274_Setting-up-FRITZ-Box-Media-Server/

I will try later if this works with my Oppo 93

Indeed, though I don't have a Fritzbox router so can't confirm how capable its UPnP/DLNA media server is in doing this.

The method does require you to actually already know the internet radio stations that you are interested in, including their URLs. So it is not the same as using normal radio station software, with its facilities for searching for (unknown) radio stations, by genre, location, etc. It also requires you to be running the UPnP/DLNA media server on a networked device that's switched on when you're using the Oppo - so a router, NAS, low powered computer (eg Raspberry Pi) or other device that can be left switched on 24/7 would be ideal.

A well known multi-platform UPnP/DLNA media server that is ceratainly capable of suppling internet radio streams, in a similar way to the Fritzbox router's internal UPnP/DNA media server, is the excellent MinimServer:

User guide

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Indeed, though I don't have a Fritzbox router so can't confirm how capable its UPnP/DLNA media server is in doing this.

The method does require you to actually already know the internet radio stations that you are interested in, including their URLs. So it is not the same as using normal radio station software, with its facilities for searching for (unknown) radio stations, by genre, location, etc. It also requires you to be running the UPnP/DLNA media server on a networked device that's switched on when you're using the Oppo - so a router, NAS, low powered computer (eg Raspberry Pi) or other device that can be left switched on 24/7 would be ideal.

A well known multi-platform UPnP/DLNA media server that is ceratainly capable of suppling internet radio streams, in a similar way to the Fritzbox router's internal UPnP/DNA media server, is the excellent MinimServer:

User guide

Thanks, I'm afraid is far away beyond my actuel skills, will try to read and understand ...and perhaps learn...

Harmonic 313

I tested what I described above.

I have configured my Fritzbox 7390 to share several internet radio stations through the Fritzmedia server (UPnP), by copy/pasting the individual radio stream URLs into the Fritzbox interface and saving them. I looked up the URLs on http://www.listenlive.eu

Then, on my Oppo 93, I can go into "My Network", select the Fritzmedia server and go into the "Internetradio" folder, where the programmed radio stations are listed, and select to play the individual streams.

It works, but whether it is convenient is up to you to decide. I also haven't tried if the Fritzbox/Oppo combination supports all the available streams.

Claude

I tested what I described above.

I have configured my Fritzbox 7390 to share several internet radio stations through the Fritzmedia server (UPnP), by copy/pasting the individual radio stream URLs into the Fritzbox interface and saving them. I looked up the URLs on European radio stations streaming live on the internet - listenlive.eu

Then, on my Oppo 93, I can go into "My Network", select the Fritzmedia server and go into the "Internetradio" folder, where the programmed radio stations are listed, and select to play the individual streams.

It works, but whether it is convenient is up to you to decide. I also haven't tried if the Fritzbox/Oppo combination supports all the available streams.

Moien Claude,

Sounds great, unfortunately my actual modem doesn't offer me this feature (modem provided by provider).

I can see the modem in My Network, but I can turn the modem into Media Server....

Harmonic 313

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I own the Oppo 103 as well (and I live in Europe). You could ad a Chromecast audio and be done with it. It does not connect to the Oppo but to your amplifier though. It is however powered by USB, so you can connect it to the Oppo for power (no extra powerbrick or cables). And it streams via wifi. Not from your phone. Your phone is only the remote. So it is better for your phone battery.

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your input, I'm actually trying such combo, really great and hassle free.

I guess I will end the search ;-)

If you are trying the chromecast audio (I was actually impressed with the sound quality). There is a setting for full dynamic range that is turned off by default. You should really turn it on.