IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Done :) 2.6 beta 17 released with:

• […]
  • Fixes end of track not loaded when using Play Next command
  • […]

I still have this issue with beta 17 (when streaming from Tidal).

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

If I could not find Bob Dylan, I would change software.

Not software related: the Swedish Nobel committee can't find him either …

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

• 3 weeks later...
I have a single album (out of 2610) that, no matter how many time I recalculate ReplayGain on it, shows a DR value of N/A, and always appears in the list of albums without ReplayGain data. All the individual tracks have DR values, and all other ReplayGain data is filled in.

The particular album consists of 2 discs, the first one of which is a single track of 65 minutes, and the second of of 23 tracks.

Has anyone seen something similar? I'm seeing this issue in 2.6.3, and it was also present in 2.6.2.

I have the same problem with albums that contain both mono and stereo tracks.

[ATTACH]31789[/ATTACH]

I think I found a bug. My audio setup uses an Aggregate Device in OSX.

A Lynx PCIe card + Aurora Converter and a Dangerous Music Source DAC as one device.

A+ used to work fine before the latest update. Now I get this error.

I need to keep this setup as it's a working studio machine so I hope Damien is able to solve this.

I should add that no other audio applications are running when A+ is open.

The latest version seems to use "Exclusive access mode" (hog mode) even if it is deselected in the Audirvana Preferences. Exclusive access mode doesn't work with aggregate devices.

(Next time, consider using Shift-⌘-3 instead of photographing your screen …)

• 2 weeks later...
maybe because there are? the mystery of computer science :-)

… or maybe the mystery of cognitive science ;).

...when I activated replayGain I checked "preserve album dynamics" so there should not be any compression effect IMHO.

The options "Preserve album dynamics" and "All tracks equal loudness" have nothing to do with compression effects, they just indicate whether volume normalisation should be performed on a per-album or per-track basis. The former preserves loudness differences originally present between album tracks (as intended by the producer), the latter doesn't, which might come in handy with e.g. mixed playlists. To the best of my knowledge, Audirvana Plus never adds dynamic compression, nor limiting, to the audio stream.

• 4 months later...
On 2017-05-02 at 6:21 PM, wgscott said:

Just happened again, and I found this rather cryptic message in /var/log/system.log

May  2 09:06:20 tv-stereo-mini Audirvana Plus[57976]: Strong issue, need to restart playback
May  2 09:06:20 tv-stereo-mini Audirvana Plus[57976]: Restarted: 0

I also have audio drop-outs now and then and when it happened just now I though to check the log and found the exact same two messages as the ones you found. I only have these drop-outs a couple of times per week, some days there is none. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with a lack of memory or processing capacity.

By the way, if I turn off Direct Mode these drop-outs become accompanied by distortion. When using Direct Mode, Integer Mode 2 seems to result in the least amount of these drop-outs.