IGNORED

Dirac on Mac - Sound is Heavily Distorted

I just installed Dirac trial version on a headless Mac Mini. I am familiar with the program from using the version integrated in Amarra IRC but I would like to use it with Roon now so I downloaded the standalone trial program. The measurements went fine but when I try to play Roon through Dirac (after selecting the Dirac driver as the Output in Mac Sound control), I get very heavily distorted music. I've rebooted a few times but cannot get it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Thank you for your suggestion. Dirac does work with iTunes, but Roon output is distorted.

Anyone know if there is any reason why Roon is having trouble outputting to Dirac? If it matters, I am running under OS Sierra.

Try it with iTunes or some other player, just to make sure Dirac itself is working, or at least to help figure out if it is Roon-specific.

Dirac also works nicely with Audirvana, so the Roon-Dirac interface or Roon setup must be the problem. Any help would be welcome.

Thank you for your suggestion. Dirac does work with iTunes, but Roon output is distorted.

Anyone know if there is any reason why Roon is having trouble outputting to Dirac? If it matters, I am running under OS Sierra.

If so, you might be best advised to consult the Roon community.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile