IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

On 6/13/2018 at 8:30 PM, Confused said:

I was wondering if anyone has any experience using the Network Bridge with a decent external master clock.  I recall that a while ago @mecani posted some very positive words with respect to running the NB with a Mutec REF10 / MC3+USB providing word clock input.  I already own the REF10 and MC3+USB, so this would be possible for me.  I was just wondering if there was any other experience out there?

Yes I am now using MC3+USB/REF 10 as a reclocker and clock provider for my NB as well. The sound is great. Recently I ask a technician to help me change the internal switching power supply of MC3 into linear power supply as well. The effect surprise me as well. 

FBD3C675-BE7C-4631-89F7-26B2135F85E1.jpeg

4 hours ago, Confused said:

This is interesting.  Are you taking the AES feed from the NB and then running this first through the MC3+USB and then to your DAC or simply providing a word clock feed to the NB and this feeds the DAC directly?  Plus, do you have any issues with providing just one word clock feed to the NB, when ideally it should have two, one at 44.1kHz rates and one 48kHz rates?

One thing occurs to me here, you have two MC3+USB's, so in theory, one could generate the 44.1kHz rates and the other 48kHz rates, and you could then feed both word clock rates to the NB.  Just a thought.  Maybe this is unnecessary if you simply upsample everything to 24/192 or similar?

Yes, I have compare the following connections to my DCS NB

1. Two mutec MC3+USB used as external clock to NB only. One provides 44.1 kHz and the other provides 48.1k Hz. Set my NB with an AES connection to my dac directly.

2. NB output signal through AES to MC3 and then AES to DAC. This MC3 also output a clock signal to NB.

3. Same setting with 2. Add another MC3. Output the clock signal 48.1 kHz to  NB

4. NB —> AES—> MC3–> AES—> MC3–> AES—>DAC (reclocker function only)

5. Same as 4. Output clock signals to NB as well 

Finally I choose setting 5 as my connection