IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

*** WARNING - Dumb Questions Posting ***

I have a new Network Bridge coming in the next week or so.  I plan to connect it to my Debussy DAC using dual AES/EBU connections.  Should I connect the clock out from the NB to the Debussy Clock input?  Not sure about this function and if it would work or if it is necessary

AI missing anything here regarding the connections?  Can I connect the clock from the NB To the Debussy and will improve the sound quality?  

I currently have an Aurender N10 that I will be selling as I want to get back to using Roon (lifetime license) and have an all DCS solution.  I do have a NAS, and also don’t need the server portion of the N10.  I will compare the sound of the NB side by side, but everything I have read tells me the NB will sound better.

I’m looking forward to getting my new NB soon!

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

On 10/25/2019 at 10:09 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Fun times ahead. 

Got the new DCS Network Bridge and connected it to a DCS Debussy DSC using two AES/EBU cables.  Stunning sound with DSD 128 running over DOP.  All resolutions  sound more dynamic with a wider soundstage than my previous Direcstream DAC/Lumin U1 combo.

Running it 7*24 to help it burn in, but a definite upgrade for my system.

Very happy with the new combination.

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

• 2 months later...

I would recommend that people don’t waste money on upgraded fuses.  Use your money on things that will enhance your system’s performance and avoid tweaks that have no credible objective or subjective data on their performance.