IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

I was debating by the NB and was planning on using dual AES/EBU output to my Debussy. 

Im curious as to why the people that own the Bridge and are outputting it already with which ever method they are already using, are upset by no USB output? 

What is USB output gaining for you that you are not getting now?

Thanks. 

Who said USB output sounds better?

I'm not playing devil's advocate, but all of the excellent reviews were done without USB output. I assume the people that bought the NWB were happy with the sound or they would have sold them. So now the NWB no longer sounds good because USB output will not be happening? 

9 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

Mine is for sale : 3700€

Whatever you’re smoking, I’ll take that instead. :)

US$3000 is what you would get for it at the most. 

6 hours ago, Patatorz said:

Smoking : not at all. It is the price of excellence you are looking for. A fantastic device working perfectly as you mentioned. You should be able to buy to support your preferred brand that needs money for a second generation with better spec. 

Come on ... you need to support a bit instead of giving lessons every single post

My point was based on lot of buying and selling high end audio equipment over the years. What you think something is worth, as opposed to what someone is willing to pay (or market value) are rarely one and the same. I'm still wiping the vaseline off my a** from many transactions over the years that I made selling high end gear. The $3000 figure I mentioned was wha I was willing to pay.

How is a buyer of used equipment equate to supporting your preferred brand that needs money for a second generation with better spec?  The money is going to the seller of the used item, and not to the manufacturer.

I am being consistent. I never said anything about supporting the brand. I'll support a brand when they help to support me. :)

My only comments were me saying that the NWB sounds as good now as before it was announced there wasn't going to be a USB update, and that I wouldn't pay $4800 from you for a used unit.

I buy used whenever I can, especially because I like to try out different pieces in my system. Let the original buyer take the depreciation hit. 

Btw, I learned a long time ago, it is foolish to buy high end audio or video on the hopes that there is the promise of a future USB or HDMI solution or upgrade, and/or infinite upgradeability. I can think of three units that I owned right off the top of my head where this came into play from Levinson, Theta, and Meridian.

Anyway, no need to go back and forth. I know your frustration. I have been there before as mentioned above.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received a NWB an will be using it with my Debussy. Can anyone assist me with the optimum settings for both the Bridge and well as Roon? I am using Roon Nucleus as well.

I am currently using one AES/EBU cable as well as a 75ohm cable for the Clock out on the bridge to the clock in on the Debussy.

NWB Unit settings:

SPDIF Downsampling-

Dual AES Sample Rate-

DSD Downsampling-

Roon Audio Settings:

Device Setup:

MQA Capabilities-

Volume Control-

Max Sample Rate (PCM)- 

Max Bits Per sample (PCM)- 

Max sample rate (DSD)- 

Enable MQA Core Decoder- 

DSP Engine- Enable or Disable?

Sample Rate Conversion Filter- 

DSD Processing Settings- 

DSD to PCM Filter-

DSD to PCM gain- 

Any other advise in terms of settings would be greatly appreciated.

Any difference in sound quality using a standard hard drive or SSD?

Thanks in advance!