IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 LISTENING IMPRESSIONS thread

lps-1 received yesterday and powering my regen. sound is definitely "sweeter" and "more musical" (to use a term from another thread) with a bit more depth and texture!

will look forward to playing around with it more!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 2 months later...
On 4/4/2017 at 5:44 AM, Nouchka said:

Hi,

I own a LPS-1 who power a sms-200. I found this power supply very good but the only issue is there aren't any on/off switch .... so for the moment I remove the power cable each time I stop my listening session. I don't really like this solution, so I wonder if this power supply can always stay powered on on a sms-200? I'm sure this is not a problem for the sms-200, that always stay cold, but the power supply LPS-1 is warm when it is power on, so that means that staying this unit always power-on will result in a problem in the futur.

Do you have any advices? All of you who use this power supply with a sms-200 or microrendu, do you stay it always connected to your device or do you unplug it when you don't use it?

CAT

The reason there is no switch is that it was intended to be left on all of the time. It's not a problem, won't hurt anything, and uses very little electricity.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Narcissus said:

Can someone please comment on, powering both An IR and a uR/SMS 200 using a Y-DC cable via the LPS-1 will / will not result in any kind of degradation of the SQ as opposed to both the units being powered discretely via LPS 1? 

here you go: