IGNORED

New Amarra 4

Hi All

I downloaded a trial version of Amarra 4 Lux to try out its internal MQA decoding.  I use a Windows machine.

Well guess what - it does'nt work - it still is 44.1/16.   Hopeless.   My gut feeling is in the fine print somewhere it says - only works for Apple machines now.  Does anyone know if that's true or am I doing something stupid?

BTW I have HQ Player - pretty good but I think A4 may have the edge - slightly less aggressive and more  natural for me.  But anyway its not so great to entice me to get it until it does internal Tidal MQA decoding.   They will probably say - coming soon or something like that.   Yea - right - Roon has been saying thst for over a year and just keeps saying - getting close now.   Its so annoying.  

If someone here can confirm it really is coming soon then I will get it now as normal Tidal does sound better through it.  Otherwise I wont be paying for vaporware.

Thankd

Bill

1 hour ago, left channel said:

The MQA section of the A4L web page still says:

* Currently for Mac only (Windows coming soon!)

As @DancingSea notes, only Sonic Studio can define this instance of "soon".

Its there in the advertising fine print - and silly me was looking at the user manual.  What wonderful customer service - but then again its what you expect of a company that charges you for support - very nice people.  Rip off merchants come to mind.   But it does sound good - need to think about this - thanks for spotting it.   Looks like coming soon also means keeping the user manual and advertising blurb in sync.   You know I only tried it out of curiosity - in the past Amara was dreadfully expensive.   They fixed that - its not too bad now - but  it looks like they have other issues.

To be fair Audirvana said they will have a Windows version by years end - yea right - maybe decades end.  And Roon - what they  did - disgraceful.   They promised it in version 3, when it was released last year - we were all waiting - downloaded version 3 - not there.   It was all over the internet - coming version 3.  Their explanation, IMHO something quite unethical - we didn't say which release version 3.   That was over a year ago - still coming.  They treat customers like fools - they all seem to do it - marketing BS over substance - its the only way to do business.

Thanks

Bill