IGNORED

New Amarra 4

On 7/1/2017 at 4:12 PM, CNoblet said:

I loaded my library of 23,000+ tracks last night.  Although Amarra Luxe indicated this action was successfully completed, quite a few albums do not appear when doing an Artist search.  While this is frustrating, the actual player -- including IRC, upsampling and DSD>PCM conversion -- is, so far, working well.  Activation and setup of both Amarra Luxe and IRC was a breeze compared to my experiences with prior versions.  DSD via DoP is not functional. Sound quality is nice, but I am wondering if it may not have been superseded by A+ and HQP.  (I'm using the OSX version.)

I was able to enable iRC licensing and loaded my pre-existing filters from Amarra Symphony 3 iRC. In my setup All the filters when enabled are just making sound image shift to the right , as the right speaker becomes louder. 

Macbook pro 15\" 2.53ghz core 2 duo with Amarra, 1 TB storage, 6 GB memory -> USB locus-design nucleus cable -> EA overdrive DAC -> -> modded parasound JC1 monoblocks -> cadence ARCA loudspeakers + REL studio III

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody been able to make iRC work on A4L. For me it does not work and simply shifts the stereo image to the right speaker when iRC is enabled. Sonic Studio has acknowledged to me that some have reported the same issue and they are looking at it. I was just interested in knowing if anybody has been able to use iRC on A4L.

Macbook pro 15\" 2.53ghz core 2 duo with Amarra, 1 TB storage, 6 GB memory -> USB locus-design nucleus cable -> EA overdrive DAC -> -> modded parasound JC1 monoblocks -> cadence ARCA loudspeakers + REL studio III

• 2 months later...
On 9/9/2017 at 1:21 AM, Gregg12y said:

I wrote to Amarra Product Support recently about how I cannot get IRC to work with A4L, even though it works fine with 3.0.  I get a confused soundstage when I enable IRC in A4L.  They  replied right away and told me that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.  Ralph at Amarra says they expect it to be fixed soon.  

Is the A4L iRC known to work in any circumstances ? For me also the same stereo image distortion, when iRC enabled. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 4:02 PM, quark said:

?

Hopefully not too long then

Thanks DancingSea

on the amarra website I find the new installer for A4L in support/downloads 4.1-360. This one also does not fix the iRC issue for me.

• 6 months later...

Am onto A4L 4.2-404.  Tried the iRC again, Same problem of stereo image shifting to right speaker. Had re-done re-measurement using iRC measure App 1.2.4 and generated fresh filters. Am at wits end now regrading iRC on A4L. Has it worked for anybody in any conditions ?

• 4 months later...
On 9/1/2018 at 6:57 PM, Raym87 said:

Annddddd..... Also a note in the update notification email that there will be no support for older versions in the up and coming OSX update

Alas !!  Problem with the iRC still persists. :-((.      No intention of foxing it ?        Dropping the iRC feature ?