IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

16 minutes ago, d_elm said:

BubbleUPnP Server.  I am just saying if it is not reliable on SonicOrbiter  then your life would be simpler with another solution.  Does the discussion on this other thread help ?

OK I get your point.  I've already posted that BubbleUPnP Server works reliably on Windows 10 but not on SonicOrbiter.  I've explained previously why I'd prefer not to run it on Windows 10.

So yes my life would be simpler if I just ran BubbleUPnP Server on Windows 10 and ignored the fact that it is unreliable on SonicOrbiter.  I just think bugs should be fixed instead of using a workaround.

Thanks for the link to that other discussion.  It doesn't help with this issue, but that OpenHome Player looks like something interesting for me to try.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 1 month later...

@vortecjr how about Chromecast support in SonicOrbiter 2.5?  This would allow us to use the Qobuz app (which has Cast support) on an iPad or Android device and direct the output to a microRendu.  This means there is no need for a separate remote control app like with A+.

dCS plans to do this to support Qobuz on their Network Bridge.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

8 hours ago, reruam said:

It’s advertised as doing Spotify connect and it doesn’t.

The Sonore website states (for opticalRendu)

Mode #6 - Spotify Connect Output - This output can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. This application is based on librespot which is an open source client library for Spotify. The application is in Beta form.