IGNORED

DIY Speakers

With zero knowledge in the field I'm just curious as to why bamboo? What special properties does it bring to the plate?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

"With zero knowledge in the field"

Finally, something we can both agree on.

"I'm just curious as to why bamboo? What special properties does it bring to the plate?"

In most cases you'll see bamboo used in Asian countries. It's very difficult to get the same types of wood we have here, and in Europe. That's why you don't see too many Asian speaker companies.

What an intelligent reply! Obviously you don't know a darn thing about the properties of different woods.

Also a bit revealing of why you shy away from science and prefer to just guess at things.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

MDF is a commonly used material and widely available. I've also heard of (but never heard) speakers with concrete enclosures.

Klipsch traditionally used 3/4" marine grade Birch plywood in the Legacy designs. Now using 1" MDF for the base cabinets of the LaScala II's and a few other minor locations

.La-Scala-Made-in-USA-Hope-AR-2000x1125-v02.jpg