IGNORED

Qobuz streaming in hi rez?-

bobbmd

I just happened to pick Blind Faith's studio album to listen to and it is being streamed in 24/192 and so is Cassandra Wilson's New Moon Daughter

Is this 'for real'? And does anyone know what other albums in Qobuz's library are now in 24/192 or is it just hit or miss

I haven't checked out TIDAL yet to see if the same albums are also in 24/192

I just happened to pick Blind Faith's studio album to listen to and it is being streamed in 24/192 and so is Cassandra Wilson's New Moon Daughter

Is this 'for real'? And does anyone know what other albums in Qobuz's library are now in 24/192 or is it just hit or miss

I haven't checked out TIDAL yet to see if the same albums are also in 24/192

Qobuz does indeed stream in up to 24/192, if you have purchased the album in high-res format on the same account, but not on the regular streaming subscription (which remains at 16/44).

To my knowledge TIDAL is still redbook only.

Thank you-I failed to look in the upper right hand side of A+2.5 and it is indeed 16/44 FLAC.

Are you saying one must have a 'SUBLIME' subscription to get a 24/192 stream AND you have to buy the album in addition if so what is the point? Or if I have the regular HiFi subscription can I do this? thanks again

Thank you-I failed to look in the upper right hand side of A+2.5 and it is indeed 16/44 FLAC.

Are you saying one must have a 'SUBLIME' subscription to get a 24/192 stream AND you have to buy the album in addition if so what is the point? Or if I have the regular HiFi subscription can I do this? thanks again

I had to check and it looks like the highres streaming feature is limited to the Sublime subscription. And yes, you need to have purchased the album in highres.

You could ask what the advantage of streaming is when you have purchased the files anyhow. Well, from my point of view they are twofold: A) I can stream the 24 bit album from the moment of purchase and don't have to wait for the files to download (minor but important to me being rather impatient. B) I can listen to the music from any computer with Audirvana, without having to carry my files around.

Note that the Sublime subscription is actually cheaper than the regular Hifi one, €219 annually vs 19.99 monthly for the Hifi, and you get quite substantial discounts on most highres albums you purchase.