IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hello All, 

I'm new here and found this thread years too late. I still own the Oppo 103 and had tried to use the Iso2dsd route to rip sacds but to no success. 

Downloaded the Autoscript but the tray won't open when inserted the USB.  Can someone verify is this ripping method only limited to work with Ethernet connection?  is there an updated working Autoscript for Oppo 103  somebody can share?

Appreciate your help !

2 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

been using wi-fi, at first, with my 103D. working fine but speed (lack of it, actually) was abysmal so I wired it

I'm still using the Autoscript folder and files linked at the very beginning, when this thread was started

try reformatting the USB stick (FAT32) and/or, possibly, try a different one: some just do not work

and make sure auto-play is disabled

not a great help, I'm afraid :(

Thank you for your feedback.  I will keep trying... 

16 minutes ago, Redbeemer said:

I have used both my Oppo 103D and my Oppo 105 to rip all of my SACD's to DSD via the iso2dsd method.  The only problems I had at first were not entering the port number (because I didn't know it - 2002) and then I had an old, defective USB stick which wouldn't work.  Once I got the port entered correctly and a good Sandisk USB stick, it was easy as pie.  My Oppos are not connected via Ethernet; both work just fine ripping over my WiFi network; just make sure you have the correct IP address for your Oppo entered into the iso2dsd interface.  Good luck!

Thank you very much for the tips. The download link appears to have 2 folders, see snippet below, do I need both folders?  and do I need to edit anything with AutoScript files? I'll be using the iso2dsd program (i understand i need the correct IP with the iso2dsd program). 

image.thumb.png.ae659bf025e554b678c0969dd2f5b022.png

28 minutes ago, Redbeemer said:

Glad to hear that you got it all sorted out.  This a great benefit to audiophiles and something I had been wanting to do ever since SACD's were  introduced.  It will be interesting to see if things change since I have heard that Sony's copyright for SACD expires next year.  It would be great if SACD players could output DSD files over their Toslink or coaxial digital outputs as it would allow users to connect to the DAC of their choice without the downsampling that occurs with sending PCM over HDMI on most players now. 

Agree.