IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

My first idea was just to change specific memory cells instead of using the IR to substitute the use of.

Or if the before is too difficult, why not creating an easy script displaying a message at the display and waiting for an IR input as y/n or something like this choosing Stereo or Multichannel. Could be done fore several necessary information and once known read from a data file (if exist,)

This has been done years ago with TV receivers?

As a newbie here I gave it at try, but coudn't get it to work.

Used a Sony 6200 with the A3 scripts.

To follow up I removed everything not known and ended up with

the lines opening, closing and sleep in the script which works.

Calling the *.sh doesn't seem to work because it should have opened  the tray which does not happen,

so concluding script is not executed or syntax is wrong (see att.)

For unknown reason I am not able to connect to the BD via Putty, connection is refused.

Network is working and other devices are responding, whereas Ping is positiv to the BD.

Does one know the function for

#CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko)

As per web info is insmod similar to modprobe: it can insert a module into the Linux kernel.

So question remaining what about splitter.ko ?

and also the

./sacd_extract* -I   ?

Linked to the last line I ask myself why is the above one just sacd_extract and not sacd_extract_6200 which is in the folder?

Beside the questions above I am interessted to follow up whats currently running, so it would be great if there would be a log or echo file to be viewed. Is there a short description about howto get access via the networkport to see what's up there ?

autorip.sh AutoScript

Thx, now I am one smal step further,)

None of these three scripts launches telnet.  They are supposed to be alternates to using telnet in local ripping.  You need another script to launch telnet in the player so you can connect with Putty.

So I have to start telnet via an usb-script ?

If so is this preinstalled or do I have to get it somewere?

If preinstalled, which directory is it located?

Splitter.ko is clear and the sacd_extract* also;)

Any idea why the *.sh is not executed or or if the syntax in there is wrong?

Is it possible to display something at the BD display and get input via the remote?

For example to display the network adress or to change setup values as audio 2ch / MC?

4 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

These scripts are experimental beta testing type things.

If you are a newcomer to SACD ripping you should probably start with the traditional methods.

I've PM-ed you a guide about some of the basics, but some specifics have to be changed if you're using a Sony 6200 rather than a 590.

Being a newbie to this forum, meanwhile I have the std. Sony files up and running, was an easy one thanks to Mikey.

But now I am interessted to go one step deeper.

Installed Notepad++, converted CR+LF to Unixformat.

Testing around with the new A3 script now with an S6200.

Changed it in the way that it all fits into one file( just to test if it runs) and because I did not catch the reason for the second file?

Currently I am waiting that the script will open the tray, it's nearly impossible to hear the sound of the drive, so I have to wait for a while, to see if there is additional content in the folder?

There are two things I am missing, the first is any progress bar or message to see if there is any activity and for the former traditional script options to show the current ip number of the player at the display (not at the setup) if possible.

By walking trough the different subdirs via putty I can recognize some information which I saw in the past.

There are several intereting subdirs were theire content is shown in different colour, any idea about the meaning of them?

Was looking for \dev or \mnt and \init to see if there is something to be used for display messages or input data.

In the meantime the tray opend and there is one iso file at the usb, which has the correct name of the CD, but not accepted by Foobar and others. Attaching the script so that one could please have a look to see what went wrong?

Just saw that there is a busybox at a subdir with all or most unix functions of the box, maybe you know some of them to be used for some additonal comfort?

AutoScript

7 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

There ought to be three files placed all in the same directory:

1. AutoScript\AutoScript
  2. AutoScript\autorip.sh
  3. AutoScript\sacd_extract_6200

1. The main script handles the crucial commands and loads the necessary programmes.

2. The unix subscript is only there to take over the manual human inputs compared to a telnet local ripping.

3. The tool which actually does the ripping incl. ISO creation.

Thx for the explanation !

The tray will open as soon as sacd_extract* has finished its job - if you can not stand the suspense just use a USB flashd rive with a LED 😉.

Afterwards you may unplug it and check its content on your computer.

How large is the ISO (in Gigabytes), are you able to open and process it with SACDExtractGUI / ISO2DSD?

File is about 900 MB which is to short, now trying a different stick with 8 GB and led;)

Coudn't read the iso file, see att.

Autorip.error.message.gif

Now trying it to do an autorip immediatly after coldstart, so not in sleep mode, which also seems to work, will report later on (when finished).

Got some remaining questions in mind, is any setup at the BD necessary to have an autorip working and if it is possible to generate also the DSF files?, by changing the parameters for the sacd_extract program?

Would be create to have an progress indication vissible beside a flasing usb and a log file;)