IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Biggest bummer with forums is the info is scattered. Is there a site with info organized on this topic? List of units that work, links to the files needed to make this work. Current step by step instructions. There are 82 pages here with some over a year old. Technology marches on and things have likely changed.

I'm very interested in getting my SACD collection onto my NAS and available to JRiver Media Center for listening without digging for a disc. At the moment considering purchasing a Pioneer Elite BDP-80FD. My assumption is that each unit requires a unique setup. I found SACD-extract-BDP160.zip but assume it only works with a Pioneer BDP-160. Do I assume correctly?

1 minute ago, Scar972 said:

No, the SACD-extract-BDP160.zip is what you would use for the Pioneer Elite BDP-80FD so go ahead and buy it. I ripped 20 sacd's last week and the process was incredibly easy. I have not had a single problem with this player reading any of my SACDs.

Does the zip file have instructions included?

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

BTW, will the new Oppo UDP-205 rip an SACD?  It has the newest ESS DAC chips, but I'm unclear on what chips have to match what to do a rip...

If not, what is the cheapest player (and easiest to use) that will rip SACDs?

Don't know if this is the cheapest but the Pioneer BDP-80FD runs at $230 on Amazon. I've ripped a dozen or so SACDs without any issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, David Fell said:

As of a moment ago; I have tried 3 USB thumb drives. One was 64GB and USB 3.0, the others were 16GB and 32GB, USB 2. So far no luck. All drives have been formatted FAT32 from the factory. I would try reformatting them, but FAT32 is grayed out in Apple's Disk Utility. All drives were from Sandisk, will try to scrounge something else up tomorrow.

I've never had an issue but then have never used a flash drive larger than 8GB which is the max file size for a FAT partition.