IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

• 4 months later...

Hi all, 

I am having a really strange problem exporting one SACD. It is the third disc of the Klemperer Brahms Warner japan SACD cycle. I have tried using both ISO2DSD as well as a BAT file where I run sacd_extract.exe from a command line. The process runs fine, and appears to compete successfully; however the resulting export folder is not accessible to view- windows states that the directory is unavailable. It also cannot be deleted or renamed. 
I have tried a number of different things, tried changing the output directory in the BAT file, tried exporting as either a raw ISO or as DSD tracks, but I always get the same result. This is the only disc I’ve ever encountered an issue like this with; and I have probably ripped 100 or so other discs using ISO2DSD without issue.

has anyone ever encountered an issue like this before?

17 minutes ago, stoutblock said:

The only problem I ever had was with Art Pepper - ...the way it was.  I think it was because of the album title started with periods and the app did not like that.  What is the title on the album?

No periods to start the name:

”Brahms Symphony No.4 etc.\Disc 3\Brahms Symphony No.4 etc. - Disc 3 of 3 (disc 3-3).iso”

or when exporting as DSD files, as individual tracks within the same folder structure.

I have plenty of other discs I have ripped in the past that use very similar naming conventions, it’s odd.

what would be nice is if I could change the export folder to test; however the “Brahms Symphony no.4 etc.” seems to be hard coded. Sure, I can export to a different folder from command line, but the program will still create that subdirectory, and I haven’t found a way to change that, or the name of the export file.

anyhow I can still listen to the disc on my OPPO I guess, I just like having my digital ISOs handy.

35 minutes ago, yammyfan said:

No periods to start the name:

”Brahms Symphony No.4 etc.\Disc 3\Brahms Symphony No.4 etc. - Disc 3 of 3 (disc 3-3).iso”

or when exporting as DSD files, as individual tracks within the same folder structure.

I have plenty of other discs I have ripped in the past that use very similar naming conventions, it’s odd.

what would be nice is if I could change the export folder to test; however the “Brahms Symphony no.4 etc.” seems to be hard coded. Sure, I can export to a different folder from command line, but the program will still create that subdirectory, and I haven’t found a way to change that, or the name of the export file.

anyhow I can still listen to the disc on my OPPO I guess, I just like having my digital ISOs handy.

I think I found the problem, amazingly enough I just hit the same error with another set. Berglund’s Sibelius cycle from Tower Japan. The name of the embedded output folder is:

“Sibelius 7 Symphonies etc.”

looks like the period at the end of the output folder directory is the culprit, I checked my other discs that worked and none of them are in folders that end with a period...with the exception of the last disc of the Klemperer Brahms set where I ran into the same issue.

without any way to modify that output directory, it would appear I am out of luck for ripping these discs. 

anyone know if there is a way to modify that output directory? The CFG file allows me to add artist or performer to the folder but that doesn’t change the fact that the last character of the folder name is a ‘.’

26 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

OK but that's not the EuFlo enhanced version, which is what you need with Windows, this problem only affects Windows so if you have a Mac or Linux install, you won't have the same issue there.

If Windows is all you have, then you need to swap out the sacd_extract.exe file with EuFlo's enhanced version -93 or newer (current is -99). Scroll to the bottom of that page to reveal the Assets.

Thanks. Windows only here so will give that a go.