IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

I've ripped quite a few SACDs using my Oppo 103, laptop (Windows 10) and Sonore ISO2DSD program. I haven't ripped any SACDs lately but now I'm getting the error message "Failed to connect libsacdread: Can't open ***.168.01.100:2002 for reading".

I tried the 103 with the wireless setting and ethernet with a connected cable. It doesn't matter as I get the error message either way. I have the auto play and auto resume settings of the 103 off. Could it be that my version of Sonore ISO2DSD is out dated? Any thoughts on what the issue is would be much appreciated :).

I might have found the issue. The IP on ISODSD is ***.168.1.100 but the 103's IP Address is ***.168.1.101. How can I change the 0 to a 1 in ISODSD?

4 minutes ago, Crwilli57 said:

Did you check to make sure the OPPO is still at the address on your network?

First thing to check.  

192.168.1.???:2002???

I just edited my post. I did and the IP address with ISODSD and the 103 are off by one number. I'm not sure why or how to get both on the same IP address. I'll admit I'm very computer challenged! Thanks for your help!

3 hours ago, ksalno said:

I’ve been using the version with a GUI that allows you to enter the IP address before connecting but I seem to recall that the .exe file has a .cfg file that you have to edit to input the IP address of the Oppo in. Should be in the original setup instructions if you still have them.

Thanks! I'll try that.

2 hours ago, BluRay444 said:

How is your IP Address set in your Oppo? Did you set up a fixed address or did you set the Oppo to automatically receive an address from your routers' DHCP server? 

If you're using the router's DHCP server, what is the range of addresses that it can use to send to other devices requesting an address?

If your Oppo was set up to receive a DHCP address from your router, '.100' might have been available when you first set up your Oppo, but the address the DHCP server send to devices reserves that address for a fixed amount of time, and after that your reservation expires, and other devices may request an address and the DHCP server can re-use that address if you're Oppo is not using it. 

That's not a big deal for many if not most devices because the DHCP server just sends out another address, and you probably will never be aware anything happened. But when another device on the network is trying to reach your device expecting it to be at a specific address, the connection fails. Personally I would look at my router and see what range of addresses it's using for DHCP, and pick a fixed address outside of that range, and set a fixed address in the Oppo, and ISODSD. Before doing that last step you can do a little search for how to ping an address (I don't know what OS you're using, so can't tell you how to ping with your equipment... after you pick a prospective address, ping it... if you get a response telling you how long it took to respond, it's being used by another device... pick another address outside the DHCP range and try again until you get a response saying that the operation timed out, then use that address for your Oppo and ISODSD. Apologies if are already knowledgeable in how to do this, but I can't determine your networking skill level from your post. 

Thanks! Unfortunately my networking knowledge and skill is about zero. My fear is screwing something up with my router and wifi. I have a buddy that's good with this stuff so I'll see if he can help me out.

I really appreciate everyone here who has taken the time to post suggestions!