IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hi - I have an Oppo BDP-105 and I am having trouble using the Sonore iso2dsd tool as described in the instructions contained in this thread.  Here is the output I get after starting my Oppo, inserting the USB stick with AutoScript folder in root, placing SACD in tray and closing the tray, then executing the jar file:

Failed to connect
libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.1.242:2002 for reading

sacd_extract 0.3.9.3 enhanced by euflo ....starting!

Program terminates!

I am not sure how to proceed at this point.... Any ideas?  Thanks.

I use an iMac with macOS Big Sur, latest version.

Interestingly, my setup worked perfectly in ripping my SACD's for several years.  When I upgraded to Big Sur, this problem started.

The IP address is fixed and is an exact match through all of the troubleshooting I've done. 

Yes, I think the problem began around the time I upgraded to Big Sur.  It is one of several network related problems I have run into since then; this connection issue with my networked Oppo, also connection issues with other Macs on my home LAN, to name two.

I have managed to deal with this issue and restore SACD-ripping functionality, but in an inelegant way..... I installed dsd2iso and sacd_extract binaries on Windows 10 (which I have running in a VM) plus the USB flash drive. It sure does work - but I think that speaks to the macOS Big Sur network (or network security) problem I have currently.

Ahhh....maybe someday I’ll figure it out, or it will all magically get better with a macOS update.