IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

I have ripped over 100 SACDs with both a PS3 and an Oppo 105 over my network with no issue. I recently bought an SACD from Intervention Record of a Joe Jackson album. I tried ripping it on both the PS3 and the Oppo. SACD Extract start up, finds the disc, reads the metadata, and proceeds to rip. It appears to be successful and the files sizes are large, as I would expect. I've tried to play them with multiple DACs using both JRiver and Roon. The DACs show they are receiving a DSDx1 bitstream but there is no audio, just silence. I've tried ripping the tracks as DSF and I also tried ripping an ISO but not having any luck. The disc itself plays fine in multiple SACD players I've tried it with.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, tngiloy said:

I keep getting 'failed to connect' error. I'm sure it's how the files are on the thumbdrive, but apparently, I don't understand the instructions and am doing it wrong.

Does the IP address of your player have any leading zeros? If it does, don't use them in the IP address field. For example, if the player has an IP addr of 192.168.001.100, input this into the ISO2DSD interface as 192.168.1.100. This caught me out when I first downloaded the newest version of sacd_extract.exe. Hopefully, it's the same for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve been using the version with a GUI that allows you to enter the IP address before connecting but I seem to recall that the .exe file has a .cfg file that you have to edit to input the IP address of the Oppo in. Should be in the original setup instructions if you still have them.

Ja, du kannst

Rippen von SACDS in den Spielern erwiesen, die:

1) haben Mediatek-Chips MT8580 (wie Oppo 103/105, Cambridge Audio 752bd/cxu, Pioneer bdp-lx58/88) oder MT8560 (wie Pioneer BDP-160, 170 und BDP-80FD)

2) eine Ethernet-Verbindung haben

3) haben Sie normale Fabrik-Firmware (d.h. keine Mods)

• 1 year later...
54 minutes ago, BluRay444 said:

Kit, you said you didn't read through the entire thread earlier (obviously that's a bit much for anyone to do at the current 227 pages)... did you happen to have read that this would only work on Oppo 103-105's up to a certain firmware version? That's important to know.

Does anyone remember what the last versions of firmwares are that allow SACD ripping are before a the firmware update blocked that capability? I haven't been able to find that ATM

Also, does anyone know if a factory default would do a silent firmware update?

Maybe you’re thinking of the Sony PS3? Those had to be downgraded to an old version of firmware in order to rip SACD, after Sony got wise to the fact they were be used for that purpose.