IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hi Phil

I installed Windows 2016 Core and followed your instructions for install AO -WASAPI,  it all went fine except when I tried to set JRiver as default shell it says it can find it and to install in the default directory.

This  seems a little unfair as there is not way to have Jriver do an install into a default directly when working in Core.  I have done the install of JRIver to a USB drive and copied the files to a directory on C drive  named \JRiver.   I think the default directory may be  C:\Program files (x86)\JRiver\Media Center 22   but I can't for the life of me figure out how to create that from the command line in server core.

Would it not make sense first of all to say what the default directory is and better yet let the use specify what directory that have installed it in.

If not could someone give me an exact syntax to copy the files from  \Jriver into whatever the default directory is.

thanks

magicknow

Thanks tube Man

Yes I did make a portable version of JR and tested on win10 by double clicking on

Media Center 22.exe                  JRiver ran fine

When I copied the J River folder to Windows Svr 2016 Core C drive I could not figure out how to copy those files into the  C:\Program files (x86)\JRiver\Media Center 22    directory . 

I tried using the Xcopy command but kept getting  invalid number of parameters,  is this the right command to do this?

xcopy c:\JRiver c:\ Program files (x86)\JRiver\Media Center 22  /E

Also when I try to run the Media Center 22.exe on the Core C drive it keeps

saying not a recognized as an internal or external command , operable program or batch file.  

What exactly to I type at the c:\  prompt.    Do you include spaces between Media Center and 22  

tube Man thank you so much for this what a relief.

Phil I have Jriver running in Core by manual execution of the program.  When i try to install Jriver as the default shell it still says I need to install in the default directory, 

I have JRiver  in  c:\ Program files (x86)\JRiver\Media Center 22    is this correct?  If not what is the default directory?

Given we are running in Core mode with no GUI already is there a SQ improvement by having it as the default shell or is it just a convenience at this point?

Also in hte AO- WASAPI instructions you stated 

" Now run AO again and do a full run with your desired settings. During this run you do not need to install KS & MediayPlayer or Roon Support again, the WASAPI injector has already done so for you"

Does this mean that we should answer no to  The question  "Do You want to use WASAPI/MMCSS optimization?"

thanks

magicknow

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Anto said:

Hi all, I just tested the preview of the Beta 35, the audio drivers are no longer a problem!
Now you no longer need to disable the driver signing at startup!
Phil did a great job, he turned Server 2019 Core, from very grumpy is difficult, to a system affordable for everyone, and especially amazing from the standpoint of sound Quality!
I think short version 35 will be available for Download.

This is the procedure to follow:

1-Install FOD

2-install Ao

3-reboot by disabling the driver signature, then Service_tool and install Hd Audio driver, allow 6 red windows, exit. 
4-Install the drivers of your DAC
5-Start Audiophile_core, proceed with optimization by allowing  "Install Kernel Streaming ", go all the way, and then reboot.

6-on reboot, type DEVMGMT. MSC and verify that the audio drivers are installed correctly!

Greetings Anto😁

thanks for this

what exactly do you mean be Reboot by disabling the driver signature?

what exactly is the HD Driver,  is it needed in all scenarios?

Should the DAC driver be installed with just its setup.exe file or should the Driver installer helper be used?

After these steps are completed then I would install  JPlay and Jriver?   Is that correct?

Does the order of install for JPlay and Jriver matter?

thanks

james 108

• Install Windows Server Core 2019
  • Install FOD, Using the DISM as instructed I got ”Source files not found error”
  • I unzipped the iso to get all the .cab files in the target directory,  this worked
  • Sconfig option 6 Download ans install Updates: All
  • Install AO and reboot
  • Service_tool and install Hd Audio driver, allow all red windows, exit
  • Run ao/tools/ao -wasapi
  • Reboot with pressing F8 -> disabling driver signature
  • Reboot normal (without F8)
  • Install PS Audio DAC Driver
  • Install Jplay / Jriver 24 (I double clicked the setup.com using explorer.com)
  • Verify via devmgmt.msc that the audio drivers are installed correctly
  • Start Audiophile_core
    •     •    U ultimate mode
          •    4 signature                                 
          •    D digital filter                           
          •    N Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support - already instlled WASAPI after FOD
          •    E HPET
          •    Y disable/remove Windows Defender
          •    D SEHOP
          •    Y WASAPI / MMCSS
          •    Y Disable SCSI
          •    A Do not turn off display
          •    E USB optimization
          •    Y Disable drivers and services
          •    Y Disable Plug and play
          •    Y Disable AMD CPU/SATA Drivers
          •    Y Disable Remote Desktop services
          •    Y Disable Remote Management services
          •    N use of USBPAL
          •    Y Defrag/Trim SSD
  • Reboot

At first JRiver seemed to work correctly, after I tried using JPlay FEMTO Server I started getting errors (DLNA Server not found or something like that) and the JRiver  platform become unstable.

Then going back to using Straight JRiver it still would crash.  I tried to reinstall JRiver to no avail.

Is there any way to uninstall program in Core mode?

What is the Best practice way to install JRiver

Do I need to do a clean install on Server 2019 Core to fix this?

James 108

Yes the hourglass is one symptom on the install in 2019 Core,  I tried v 22 23 and 24.

there is an uninstall.exe in the JRiver program folder that you can use.

JRiver works great on Server 2019 GUI  and also sounds really good.

i would like to be able to run it in Core mode if they is a way.

James108

4 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Fixed in Beta 36, available for download now. Please test and report back.

I upgraded to Beta 36 with no issue.  There is a very significant increase in SQ :)

Phil

How do we tel what has changed in a given Beta  there is no highlighting in the Change Log

James 108

6 minutes ago, Lauritsvd said:

Wanting to up upgrade from 34 to 36. 

I use shell replacement, and need the service tool, to change to the gui.

But when I run “st” task, it only tells, that there is an Update, and service tool screen quickly closes again. 

Im a bit Stuck here it seems. 

You need to go the beta portal and download B36 and the copy the AO files  to a Thumb drive and run setup.exe.  It will update AO to B36 then ST will work as  expected.

10 hours ago, winmore said:

Have now sufficient skills to get through full implementation although not to a successful outcome:

DAC: EMM-Meitner DAC 2

Driver: Meitner 2.0 ASIO

F8: Not needed

Player: JRiver x64 (but will not fully load)

KS: Yes, but not used

AO -Wasapi: Loaded successfully

HD: Audio driver not used

Have tried numerous full  re-installs but simply cannot get JRiver beyond hourglass, inactive.

Now thinking whether to drop back to 2019 Standard (Desktop) which allowed JRiver to run with great SQ but without AO, or move to JPlay Femto, Bubble UPnP and Minimsever plus AO??  Time will tell.... Have not tried AOb36.

Ron

i have the same issue

Using JPLay Femto Player and JPlay Femto Server with Bubble UPnP  is better SQ than JRiver but of course with out the additional features of JRiver

I also Run  Roon  with the JPLay ASIO driver,  the SQ of the Roon setup is not as good as JRiver  with JPlay ASIO (when  I can get it to play)

I have not tried JPlay Femto with Miniserver yet,  Marcin recommends using JPlay Femto Server for best SQ.

Phil  i am a bit confused,  if this type of discussion is  appropriate for AO Beta thread?

Also the issues with getting JRiver  to run with Server Core,  is this something that you can  fix with AO?

magicknow

• 2 weeks later...

I have started using a two PC setup.  

JPlay recommends using a separate subset for the Control to Audio PC Ethernet

My Control PC has three LAN connections my Audio PC has one.

If I use the one LAN connection on the Audio PC on a separate subnet from the Internet for example  192.168.1.10  and I use  192.168.0.10 on the control PC for internet along with 192.168.0.1for  Gateway then I don't believe I can assign a second gateway of 192.168.1.1 for an internet connect to the AudioPC.

Will this prevent AO from oepratin on the Audio PC given ther is no Internet connection?

6 hours ago, thuandb said:

In the interim I'd use a USB to Ethernet adapter to provide internet access to AudioPC if an integrated network adapter isn't available.  That way there's no need to wait for indefinite period of time until final release.

thanks  I will try this

On 3/19/2019 at 5:14 AM, FelipeRolim said:

I simply undo the configuration (netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Ethernet" dhcp) and connect the Audio-PC to the router. After I update the Audiophile Optimizer ou activate JPLAY, I set the IP as fixed again. Since my computers are close to each other and are quite accessible behind the rack, it's easier to do this.

Felipe  is this in response to my query about having the Audio PC with no internet?

Is so I would need a little more  explanation to try this

thanks

magicknow

On 3/20/2019 at 2:14 PM, FelipeRolim said:

Well, my computers use Windows Server in Core mode, with no GUI. All I do is by command line. I leave, to facilitate, remote access enabled, so that I can command the two computers through the notebook (mstsc.exe).

When the computer has the IP set as fixed (task for which use the command netsh interface ipv4 set address name ="Ethernet" source=static addr=192.169.0.1 mask=255.255.255.252), there's no internet access. And, as the Audiophile Optimizer only needs internet at the time of installation and configuration (and this only in the Beta version), when I use it, just activate DHCP again, through the command netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Ethernet" dhcp. I then connect the computer to the router. To revert, just fix the IP again and you're done. I find it simple and, for my case, fully functional. For a user of a JCAT network card (which has two possible connections), this isn't even necessary. Just swap the network port.

thanks Felipe    this worked :)