I am trying to get NAA working on a small fanless PC. Using Linux it appears it is not as simple as just installing the NAA (as I understand the GUI of any version of Linux I am likely to be comfortable using prevents NAA from working). I have tried this route without success.

There seems to be lots of advice, disk images etc to get running simply and quickly with Cubox, Pi etc but not for a basic I386 PC. Can anyone point me to a disk image/ live cd that just works, or else a step by step guide to maybe creating my own live USB or SD card? I imagine I am not the only one who would benefit from this advice.

I'm happy either to run as live USB/SD or as perm install on this PC as dedicated NAA.

Thanks

The easiest way I know of is AudioLinux. You can DL it and put on a USB stick. You can ask Piero an image for NAA only.

Obviously, this is Linux based (ArchLinux). Differntly, if you want Windows for your DAC....

Thanks, looks like an interesting product in its own right, but as it also uses a GUI I can't see how NAA useability would be any different from what I've already tried.

According to the site non-gui version is min €179 for 10 copies. Surely it's got to be easier than this....