IGNORED

Raspberry Pi 3 and OH renderer - pls advice on network setup

Right now I have a 2 PC setup using Jplay/Jplaystreamer. On the Control PC I have Minimserver running and Jplay/Jplaystreamer acts as the Open Home renderer. This PC is connected to my wireless bridge/router which receives music from my NAS via wireless N. The Audio PC is connected via ethernet to the Control PC. The Audio PC is then connected via USB to my Mutec 3+ converter.

I want to try out a Raspberry Pi 3 and use it in place of my Audio PC to see if there is any difference in sound. I would like to maintain as much of my current configuration as possible. Please let me know if the following will work:

• I will keep the Control PC running Minimserver.
  • The Raspberry Pi 3 will run Volumio and act as the renderer. Are there any other renderers I should consider?
  • I believe Volumio works with DSD (DoP)?
  • Is it possible to still use Jplay/Jplaystreamer and have it output to Volumio then have Volumio ouput to my Mutec3+?
  • (here is where I need help) - I assume I have to connect the Raspberry to my wireless bridge/router in order for the renderer to be seen on the network and my control point software, Bubble UPnP. What I would like to do instead is wire the Raspberry directly to my Control PC so I can avoid the router. Is this possible?
  • Do I need any drivers for the Raspberry to work with my Mutec 3+ usb converter?
  • Should I get an Hifi Digi+ to output to my Mutec 3+ instead?

Thanks guys. I am very interested in trying out the Raspberry.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I am very pleased with Volumio. It works with DSD.

I think you can connect the Raspberry to the pc with an ethernet crossover cable although I doubt it will make a difference in sound.

For my Chord 2Qute DAC I did not need any specific driver.

Main system: Jriver (OSX) --> ethernet --> Volumio (Raspberry Pi 2) --> Chord 2Qute (USB in) --> Cyrus 2 + PSX --> Rogers LS3/5a

Second system: Jriver (OSX) --> ethernet --> Volumio (Raspberry Pi 2) --> AR-T Legato --> Cambridge Audio DacMagic 2 --> Cyrus 8 vs2 --> Harbeth LS3/5a