IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

• 6 months later...

I have a sotm 200 and usually I use iOS Lumin app to play Tidal.

I tried BubbleUnP android's app in my wife's phone, which as two render options, one with the "Sotm 200" and another "Sotm 200(OpenHome)", with the later(OpenHome) the sound quality is much better compared to Lumin app. 

I'm doing something wrong using Lumin app to stream Tidal? There is some hidden config?

When using Tidal, there is a way of Sotm "pull" the song from the internet, or it can only act as a media renderer?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

How did you listen to Tidal through Sotm 200 without using Roon? 

Right now I'm listening with Audirvana, because to my ears it sounds better than using BubbleUpnp. But I want to get ride of Mac(Audirvana). What are the other possibilities to listen to Tidal through Sotm(without Roon) and getting the best possible sound quality?

39 minutes ago, SYM said:

I do listen to Tidal with sms200 via lms/ squeezelite. You’ll need to run the logitech media server (lms) software though - although sms200 does have lms installed - I find it too slow. I run lms separately on a dedicated music server. Squeezelite (sms200 must be running in this mode) is the client software that interface with lms. Both squeezelite and lms is free. 

the offical instruction from sotm : http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=how_to_use_tidal_in_lms

The better mobile/ tablets apps can be obtained for a small fee. Am using ipeng (app) - its a few dollars if I remember correctly. A one time payment for the app. For Android orange squeeze seems quite popular

Thank you for your input. 

I already tried squeezelite, but I also found the quality of stream to be inferior to using Audirvana.

• 1 month later...