IGNORED

Metrum Musette

hello to all im thinking of selling my modimultibit to fund an upgrade to metrum musette. also does this dac pair well with a tube amp like earmax pro. finally anyone used intona wth musette. there would be no problem using intona with a musette like any other dac? thanks to all. uk based.

i was told by metrum via email that the usb is galvanically isolated. would therefore an intona help improve usb here? im a bit confused double galvanic isolation no good? im getting a musette in april and wonder if a quality usb to spdif convertor would sound better. coming from a history of usb useage on dacs. ive also read that coax seems to get better results on headfi. one guy with his musette.

HI JUD,

do you know for certain if usb on musette is definitely galvanically isolated? the manual says coax inputs are which is another reason i wanna go that way. the email from metrum was a little confusing so not sure about usb here. funnily enough i will get a musette in april funds allowing but i only have the budget to implement one input well. my confusion about the usb is making me think sell intona go fully coax. some reviews seem to favour coax plus my dealer told me usb will give me 95% of coax. something tells me coax here is more suited to high quality music reproduction. any thoughts please. if i knew the usb on musette was not isolated for sure i would probably use my intona but i dont want to risk double isolation as that can cause unwanted distortion so i read. im thinking of hiface2 convertor if you know it?

• 2 weeks later...
Buy direct from Metrum and have them factory fit it. The rough price quoted by Cees for the DAC Two and MQA upgrade was 400 Euros, but MQA module pricing wasn't finalised, so may be different.

Will there be an mqa indicator light led? the manual states galvanic isolation on coax do you know for certain if usb is galvanically isolated too. can't find this out . cheers mk.