IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

Interesting to read the feedback on sound.

@tipunch - was there something special about 2.3.2?

I seemed to have missed that one. I just did a little A/Bs with 2.3.1 instead.

Biggest difference was noticed in the bass - both punch and clarity were betterer on the latest, me thought. Yo-Yo doing 'Gabriel's Oboe' was more sumptuous, while Tom Waits on 'Watch Her As She Disappears' had more presence - on 2.4 ...to my ear.

I hope Damien savours this sweet round of releases for a little while yet. As someone who likes to browse albums through my genre playlists, it's been an utter joy to play with the remote. Much easier to find exactly what I'm in the mood for. Thanks Damien!

But +1 on tipunch's suggestion to upsample PCM to DSD... that would be absolutely swell [emoji4]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Is there any documentation on the remote app?

For example how do you view a playlist as albums instead of as a list of tracks?

In the top right corner there is a toggle button that flips between track and album view.

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1458273668.473675.jpg

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1458273689.823083.jpg

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Good idea Dave!

I've always used the 'Dyson Method', but like yours better [emoji846]

Haha!

Indeed. I was always wanting to do a clean install of A+. But as I'm having few issues, I wonder if I need too... Or maybe I'm just getting lazy...?

Haha!

Indeed. I was always wanting to do a clean install of A+. But as I'm having few issues, I wonder if I need too... Or maybe I'm just getting lazy...?

Oh my - that was good English! Nice work.

I meant to say as I have NOT been having problems with A+, I may not have to worry so much about doing clean installs.... But it's not so often I'm upgrading since I'm not getting betas.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see your road map, Damien.

I'm so enjoying the remote. I can navigate my library now - yay!!

It seems pretty stable for me. If loading could be made faster that would be sweet :-)

Loving the sound. 2.4 had me tweaking my iZotope settings ... (Coming back to similar settings I had almost a year ago.) It seemed easier to dial in settings, with smaller changes being more pronounced.

Are there any plans to convert PCM to DSD?

Thanks for all the work. May your creativity never cease!

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! Thanks Damien [emoji846]

Not using any subscription services, but curious about other changes you might have made.