IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

LOL, Test track snobbery! Now I've heard it all.

+1, geez. It really is "lol".

I usually bypass those comments but it never fails to amaze me when I here that crap from the classical crowd that it's THE barometer to evaluate.

There is no right or wrong type of music - everyone has their preference and reference point, end of story.

Sent from CA app

My rig

• 2 weeks later...
While you and everyone else of course may have your preferences musically,there can only be ONE REFERENCE in a true HI FI sense, and that remains acoustic instruments and the human voice.

Do look up the term HI FI to get a better appreciation of what it really means.

Sorry to have to repeat it so often here but those are the facts,everything else is just subjective and lack a real reference.

Your favourite electonica music may sound more pleasing and enjoyable to you via equipment A than B, but that has little to do with HIFI.

And the facts I quote have nothing to do with snobbery, they are simply facts nothing else.

Difficult to deal with for some .But nevertheless simply facts.

LOL, thanks for taking the time educating me on your absolute opinion and facts, no offense taken. Surely my 30+ yrs as a musician I have no ref point from live, acoustic and studio settings. Yep, it is difficult to deal with for some.

My rig

So that's one of the reasons why we have to be careful of what we say. We rarely know the background of each other or where they're coming from...

Its all good and my comment wasn't meant to be contentious in any way (I forgot to add a smile as well). Music is a beautiful thing when done well (subjective of course) :) This is a T+A dac thread so back to it!

My rig

• 4 years later...
2 hours ago, PieterJan said:

Hello all.

I read the comments on DSD upsampling, use of HQP and comparing D8D to other devices with interest. I used to run Roon Nucleus as the machine to upsample all my content (housed on a Melco N10) tot DSD512 using the Amanero 2006BE11 software on my D8D. All worked well and sounds great. I have never had the desire to deploy additional hardware in the source to speaker chain.

A few weeks ago Melco announced a new release for its streamers establishing them as "Roon Ready" devices. After some fiddling around I quickly returned to a direct USB connection from the Melco N10 to the D8D whilst being able to continue to use Roon as the solution for selecting, searching, discovering and obtaining background of my existing music portfolio or the portfolio delivered by Qobuz.

In my experience (and yes I do recognize it is a subjective experience) my setup using direct USB connection from streamer to D8D without any upsampling and ofcourse the accoustics of my listening environment deliver a much livelier, better placed and significantly better music experience then Roon upsampling tot DSD512 has ever been able to deliver. And yest that counts for PCM 44.1khz at 16 bit.

Don't count D8D with a direct USB connection out. There is only one device I would trade my D8D for and that is the SDV3100-HV, but at 9 times the D8D price that will take a little while.... hahaha.

Just my ten cents.

My set, Melco N10, D8D, P3100HV, PS3000HV, Kef reference5, Roon nucleus, AQvox switch, Farad power supplies for Nucleus and AQvox.

Forgive my ignorance, but can you clarify your chain before and after? I'm confused where your roon library is (all on melco now instead of nucleus)?

My rig