IGNORED

Multi digital input selector - Where is?

With quite a few digital sources from the likes of radios, TV, I counted and got to five and stopped counting. Principally I'd like to src from 44.1, 48 khz to 96/192 and have one device to perform this op.

May have to split functions for the src which is available from pro audio, but the muti input selector for say 6 coax inputs and one output is for me difficult to find.

Does anyone have an idea if this device exists and can it remote-controlled since what is on offer so far its NIML (not in my lounge).

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Does anyone have an idea if this device exists and can it remote-controlled since what is on offer so far its NIML (not in my lounge).

For toslink there is the Lindy, but as far as I see, they do not do coax:

4 Way TosLink Digital Optical Audio Switch (up to 192kHz) | LINDY UK

This one is without a remote control, but automatically selects the active source (assuming only one source is active):

https://www.audioauthority.com/product_details/1177A

This one has remote and 4 coax - if you need more, you could stack two of them ;-)

DA4X | Inday

More than 4 digital inputs is rare in consumer switches. Pro switches often do/allow additional processing - maybe not what you had in mind. And definitely heavy on the budget.

Best,

Søren

Why not the DAC or AVR (if you need a lot of inputs)?

OK, what I would like to do is this:

Digital out 1 OR Digital out 2 OR Digital out n -> Switcher -> Switcher output AES3 or coax -> SRC -> Reclocker -> DAC.

AVR's convert to analog, and quite a few have only 1 or 2 coax inputs. The Yamaha pre-amp (top of the line) has 3 coax in and 3 Toslink in, but no digital out like most, if not all AVRs.

For toslink there is the Lindy, but as far as I see, they do not do coax:

4 Way TosLink Digital Optical Audio Switch (up to 192kHz) | LINDY UK

This one is without a remote control, but automatically selects the active source (assuming only one source is active):

https://www.audioauthority.com/product_details/1177A

This one has remote and 4 coax - if you need more, you could stack two of them ;-)

DA4X | Inday

More than 4 digital inputs is rare in consumer switches. Pro switches often do/allow additional processing - maybe not what you had in mind. And definitely heavy on the budget.

Best,

Søren

Thanks Søren. Yes, the Toslink are out.

The rest are 4 sources, not enough... :(

Z-Sys have routers which are remote controlled, it's all simple ASCII code, maybe that's a new hobby? There's a 16 channel job, the detangler. At 2U it's a little high although the pros versions are 1U, and have DB25's, so snakes involved.

Also thought of HAPI, but $.