IGNORED

Lightening to USB Camera Adapter Tweak

Anyone familiar with using Lightening to USB Camera Adapter to connect iPhone/iPad to DAC? Seems to work very well. Not going to replace my current setup, but is a great compromise when the desire is to simply bypass the iPhone DAC for an external DAC. I will be utilizing this for my office setup at work where I use the Audioengine B2 Bluetooth with the Simaudio 100d DAC. I can only imagine the moon DAC is far better than the iPhone via Bluetooth. Thoughts?

e59e25aa9bbdc5468dcbb6e384ba5e2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

After further investigation this may only be a temporary solution until Apple's new iPhone streams hi rez via the lightning port. Apple Music reportedly preparing Hi Res Audio streaming for 2016

Don't believe anything you hear about Apple until Tim Cook (or friends) stand up on stage and tell you about it...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Anyone familiar with using Lightening to USB Camera Adapter to connect iPhone/iPad to DAC? Seems to work very well. Not going to replace my current setup, but is a great compromise when the desire is to simply bypass the iPhone DAC for an external DAC. I will be utilizing this for my office setup at work where I use the Audioengine B2 Bluetooth with the Simaudio 100d DAC. I can only imagine the moon DAC is far better than the iPhone via Bluetooth. Thoughts?

e59e25aa9bbdc5468dcbb6e384ba5e2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I do it all the time when I travel - my iFi Micro iDSD does the DAC duties ;)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Recently, I decided to put together a headphone system using a combination of new components and some gear I had laying around. A Lightening to USB Camera Adapter for use with my iPhone 6 was among the new acquisitions. (I also have the original CCK for my iPhone 4S.) I'm using it into a SOtM dX-USB HD which feeds a Schiit Bifrost Multibit. My Mac is nowhere near this little system so I use a shared iTunes library on my network to play my entire library (including high-res) through the iPhone. Works great. Sounds pretty nice too!

No doubt your Simaudio DAC will sound better than the iPhone/Bluetooth pairing. Funny, the iPhone really doesn't sound bad at all .. no wonder non-audiophools think we're all crazy! Enjoy your toys. Peace.

It's my first time seeing this Lightening to USB Camera Adapter Tweak. It connects iPhone/iPad to DAC right?

Well i learned so much from you guys thanks for posting.

Yes, I use it with my iPhone 6+, 128GB.

I use the Onkyo high-def player and output all my hi-def music upsampled to 5.6 DSD to my Micro iDSD, which sounds absolutely wonderful :)

You can also output via the standard Music app on the iPhone, but Apple will only let you synch up to 24/48 music, so you'll need a third-party player (e.g., the Onkyo) to load hi-def music. Interestingly, you actually *can* load higher resolution files to the Music app via drag-n-drop and, if you successfully load them, Music *will* play them back at full resolution! It's only the iTunes software that limits you to 24/48 :/

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system