IGNORED

JRiver audio device output

dummy

Hello,

I tried to play Spotify through my dac and fiddle a bit with my Windows audio settings and went back to the original settings in the end. I didn't change anything in JRiver.

When I went back to play music through JRiver no sound was coming out so I looked at my audio device settings (in JRiver) and my Arcam rDac wasn't checked anymore and only appeared as Kernel Streaming. And now every time I change a track there is electricity at the beginning of the songs and some weird parasite sounds for the few 10-20 seconds.

Now, again, I didn't change or touch anything in JRiver, the settings are set since forever and I never had any problems. I am pretty sure my setting was WASAPI or WASAPI Event Style and there was definitely more than one choice of output for my Arcam (WASAPI, Kernel, Direct, etc). Now only Kernel Streaming for the Arcam.

Any idea what is going on here and how to get WASAPI back?

Thank you!

Windows 8.1

JRiver 19.0.163

Arcam rDac USB

ps: I did post on JRiver's INTERACT forum a few days ago with no luck so far...

Arcam rDAC / Oppo BDP-83 / NAD 315BEE / Totem Arro

Couple of things you could try.

Go to Control Panel\Device Manager\Sound, video and game controllers. Right click on the Arcam DAC and select Uninstall. When the confirmation windows opens, check the "Delete driver software for this device". Then with the DAC connected and powered on, restart your computer. Windows should then reinstall the necessary drivers for the DAC as it starts up.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling JRiver and then reinstalling it. While uninstalling, make sure that you do not check the "Remove media centre library files" box.

Hope this helps.

Daren

Couple of things you could try.

Go to Control Panel\Device Manager\Sound, video and game controllers. Right click on the Arcam DAC and select Uninstall. When the confirmation windows opens, check the "Delete driver software for this device". Then with the DAC connected and powered on, restart your computer. Windows should then reinstall the necessary drivers for the DAC as it starts up.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling JRiver and then reinstalling it. While uninstalling, make sure that you do not check the "Remove media centre library files" box.

Hope this helps.

Daren

EUREKA!

Your first solution works like a charm! WASAPI is back and the parasites are gone.

Thanks a lot Daren, very kind of you!

Arcam rDAC / Oppo BDP-83 / NAD 315BEE / Totem Arro