IGNORED

Best Nvidia CUDA Card for HQPlayer

juliocat

• 6 years later...
2 hours ago, juwa said:

Can anyone who uses one of these GPUs say something about the temperatures on the GPU. Maybe they don't get so hot during operation. 

I run a 12900KS cpu with a 280 artic freezer AIO cooler and a EVGA 3090 GPU with 3 stock fans.  I don't overclock except I select XMP 1.  My ram is 4500 Mhz DDR4.  with Jussi's latest 22.04 images, I can do DSD1024 with many of easier EC5 modulators (DSD5ec, ASDM5EC, ASDM5ECv2, ASDM5ECv3, ASDM5EC-light)  No EC 7 modulator works that I have tried without stuttering.  My Favorite filters that always work with the above are Sinc-MGa, poly-sinc gauss-hires-mp and ip, poly-sinc-ext3.  GPU temps run pretty much in the 59-61 degree C range, CPU temps, although I have not installed sensors since a new fresh Ubuntu install, generally run under 64 degrees C.  I suspect even lower than that now as generally only 2 cores of my CPU have significant loads (60-80%)  the rest just cruise.  GPU usage is usually in the upper 20% range and often in the 30% range and occasionally I briefly see usage in the low 40% range.  GPU ram usage is not significant with the above filters, meaning most GPU's with 12GB ram could easily run what I run above.  The longest filters use the GPU ram the most. (Sinc-L, Sinc-LI, Sinc medium and sinc-Long) with those a 24gb card would be useful.

I haven't run windows in a while but back when I did I could never do the heavier filters that were successfully running with ubuntu, so I stick with ubuntu.