IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

8 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Version 2.7. Although I would not have thought that the sonicorbiter would be involved in using Shairport and the MicroRendu?

And this I agree this is a very strange problem. While streaming last night, there were seven interruptions of distortion over the two hours I listened. They varied from a kind of high pitched screeching, to slowing down to almost silence except for a few slow sounds, to sputtering back and forth from normal to distorted and back again, sometimes briefly speeding up, and down, to the aforementioned speeding up. And again, I believe I have isolated this to the MicroRendu, and/or the Shairport app, or, the Sonic Orbite, in addition, "if" it is actually involved. And please note that this only happens as described, it has never happened in Roon playback. 

JC

Weird! I don't know how to help you except to ask some questions. Does this happen with other Airplay streams? Which DAC? What are the network devices? router, switch, etc.    

8 hours ago, TubeLover said:

I agree this is strange indeed. I only really use the two streams, each from completely different sources, one from an FM station, one from an online music subscription. In the past, there has not been a problem with either. I've tried two different DAC's without any change. And, I did discuss the matter with someone involved in DAC design, and he ruled that out, saying it was simply not possible for a DAC to speed up a stream, that only whatever source was playing the music could remotely have that effect. The other components are a standard, Comcast/Xfinity cable modem (about six months old) and a top of the line Linksys WRT1900ACS router. 

JC

I want to be sure you have the latest SonicOrbiter. Go ahead and update the unit and reboot. 

6 hours ago, shsoh said:

Today I faced a problem with a USB upgrade module on my MSB Platinum IV Plus DAC:

Before:

Antipodes server (Linux) - Microrendu - MSB DAC (up to DSD64) works okay

Now:

Antipodes server (Linux) - Microrendu - MSB DAC (upgraded to DSD128 USB module) cannot playback files > 16/48kHz.

What happen is that Squeezelite will be "stopped" and nothing plays.

I do not understand what could be the problem here.

Please kindly assist. Thank you.

You only have issues with 16/48k?

I can help you with the Rendu. What version of the SonicOrbiter is the Rendu on? When was the last time you updated it? Assuming your on SO 2.7 which has been updated recently go to Settings / SqueezeLite, clear any custom settings you have entered, and press Save. Now play DSD64 though the system and go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and post all the information here. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 5:42 AM, satbaba said:

Microrendu NAA + Hqplayer oynarken Fidelizer veya AudiophileOptimizer kullanıyor mu?

it doesn't seem to help me, I wonder if I'm wrong

I'm not certain what that software does and if it's relevant to streaming over a network to an endpoint. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, rwbullock said:

image.png.91a8f2d2bfe9eaa9f16c3f2b7f039e9d.png 

I want you to try this:

1. Connect the Mac computer to the router via WiFi only.

2. Connect one of the network extender to the router.

3. Connect the other network extender to the Rendu.

4. Go to the www.sonicorbiter.com and see if the Rendu shows up now.

6 hours ago, rwbullock said:

Fyi I poked around other forums and it seems the blinking amber LED light is normal. But the micro rendu/DAC still aren't working.

What device are you using to browse the internet to find the unit? You can also connect the unit to the router directly as a test.You can also connect the unit directly to the router as a test.

34 minutes ago, rwbullock said:

Hi I'm using a 2019 Macbook. Chrome browser.  And the Mac will need to be connected for me to test the microrendu. I'lll try it when I'm home later.  Also, is there someone on tech support I can speak to live to go thru these issues?  I really appreciate your help, but I've been working on this a while now and it feels a bit like playing chess by mail, you know?

That is fine. The Mac needs to be connected to the router via WiFi and the Rendu via cable Ethernet. You can email us via our website. Forum support is always slower.  

14 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Great, I thought that might be it. Hope that solves his issue. You might have him check his router with the new card to see if DHCP has assigned an ip address and also while there lock that ip to the mRendu to avoid future problems.

I used IP Scanner and it was nowhere to be found:)