IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

7 hours ago, sahmen said:

Really? And how about this statement below?  Wait, I realize "update" is normally the word that is used in most of the official pronouncements about the 1.4, and that the word "upgrade,"  used in the statement below, might have slipped into your language when you were off your guard...  But really! Why all this effort to remain vague and noncommittal as to whether this "update" also constitutes and "upgrade"?

I have no ready answer for that, but I think you, sir, must probably run for office:)!

That statement has been updated....just trying to be consistent.   

4 hours ago, Bruce Orr said:

Sonore/Jesus is out of the DC-4 cables that connect the LPS-1 power supply with the uRendu, and doesnt know when they will be back in stock. It said March (!!!) on the website. I will have both the uRendu and LPS-1 in my hands in the next week or so, but no way to use/enjoy them.  So I need an alternative to the DC-4 Cardas-made connecting power cable.  Have talked unsuccessfully to the guys at Audio Advisors who steered me to Blue Jean Cables where it seems I would have to have them custom-make something for me.  Gotta be a better way!?  All your help appreciated.

Thank you.

We found Bruce a Sonore / Cardas DC4 cable and we have more coming in tomorrow.  

3 hours ago, lwr said:

Just received my upgraded MicroRendu 1.4 today.  Powering it with LPS-1, followed by ISO Rendu powered by a second LPS-1, and into a modified Soekris R2R DAC, Pass Labs HPA-1, Pass Labs X600.8s, and modified Sound Labs electrostats

The improvement in SQ over 1.3  version of the  MicroRendu is immediately obvious and very satisfying.  The bass response, from the lowest lows and on up through the mid bass is much quicker and more highly defined.  The mid bass up through the lower midrange is more articulate and engaging than ever before.  These improvements flow seamlessly from the lowest lows, throughout the midrange, and into the highs in a way that sounds very natural and immediate, and yet neither euphoric nor clinical.

I had no idea that there was so much improvement to be gained.

Enjoy!

6 hours ago, lwr said:

Before the modification of the sMS-200 by upgrading the 4 electrolytic capacitors with much higher capacitance Blackgates, the differences were less noticeable, but still there.  But when the MicroRendu 1.4 powered by the LPS-1 was put in place of the SMS-200, the sq improvement was immediately obvious and there is no going back for me.  I could have quite happily lived with and been completely satisfied with the sq of the modified SMS-200 forever, until I heard the MicroRendu 1.4.

Very cool!

6 hours ago, lwr said:

Sorry for the confusion.  What I was trying to say is that, in my system, the modified SMS-200 powered by the LPS-1 gets you about 35% of the sound quality improvement that you get when you use the MicroRendu 1.4 powered by the LPS-1.  The idea was to propose a continuum with the MicroRendu 1.3 at 0% improvement, the modified SMS-200 at 35% improvement, and the MicroRendu at 100% 

Wow..that is huge. 

1 hour ago, lwr said:

The upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 is quite excellent and I'll have many hours of listening enjoyment on it before I am inclined to make the investment in the ultimate MicroRendu.  The cost of the upgrade ifrom 1.3 to 1.4 is minimal and i really appreciate the opportunity to so significantly improve an existing piece of equipment.

We are happy to do it...mission accomplished. 

18 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Interesting you mention this. Not sure if you specific was tinkering about convert Ethernet or USB into SPDIF.  Which I hope will be next product from Sonore or Uptone. And an audiophile switch as well later 

I'm leaning towards the idea of having separate external devices is the way to go at the present time.

To purchase a very expensive DAC may not benefit you. I have one, without USB, and with a mrsp $15000, good small items like Singxer SU-1 and the MicroRendu, ISO regen and more, is making an old high quality DAC worth keeping. After all, most of them is very good, they just miss USB or Ethernet. (RAAT)

If I got it right, as an example, most DAC's do upsamling and more or less has a computer look alike item inside. 

Now you can move this part out to HQPlayer or Roon, and in general save some money, if you're looking for a decent DAC. 

This will probably not keep things simple, but you will most likely get the best signal possible for you DAC. 

We actually have a lot of customers that use USB to digital converters.

11 hours ago, soupdujour said:

Hi all,

My ultraRendu arrived this afternoon.  Without the benefit of any burn-in (i.e., right out of the box) and after just a few bars of The Bill Evans Trio playing "Isn't it Romantic" from the DSD-256 version of "At Shelly's Manne-Hole" I knew that my previous audio rig, which I thought already to be at the apex of my own listening experience, climbed to new stratospheric heights.  But first some context.  Prior to adding the ultraRendu to the setup, my configuration included the following in the line-up: Brooklyn DAC (powered by an UpTone JS-2), an ISO REGEN (also powered by the JS-2) feeding into the DAC with a USPCB A>B, a microRendu 1.3 (powered by an UpTone LPS-1), AudioQuest Vodka ethernet for NAS and MacMini connections.  With my McIntosh amplifier driving my BW CM600 speakers in that configuration I could easily find myself listening for hours, feeling immersed by the open and natural sound reproduction of nearly all, but especially jazz, recordings in my library.

Then today I swapped out the mR 1.3 for the new ultraRendu.  WOW!  The soundstage not only widened, but the placement of the instruments on it seemed even more natural with the added depth the uR brings.  There's just so much added realism to the sounds of the instruments: the brushwork is textured and detailed, the cymbals naturally decay, and the movement of air with each note of the double bass is palpable.  And, as I said, this is without any burn-in period.  Some folks here commented just how much of an improvement the mR 1.4 is over its predecessor.  I can't compare the uR to mR 1.4, but if you're contemplating the leap from 1.3 to the uR, I can safely say you won't be disappointed.  I cannot wait to hear the incremental improvements after hours of streaming.

Happy listening!

Excellent. I can't decide if to keep it here or move to the ultraRendu thread:)  

2 hours ago, DarwinOSX said:

I had assumed that the 1.4 upgrade was basically the new and ongoing version of the Micro Rendu but apparently not.  It seems it is a way to get your Micro rendu to be upgraded to sound closer to an Ultra Rendu.  For $265 upgrade vs a $235 price difference between micro and ultra i think most will just buy an Ultra Rendu.

The 1.4 hardware update is actually 235 USD or 245 USD. 

7 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I just been in a call 5 quarters with USPS. Well 5 quarters wait. 3 min talk. With two persons. 

No help. They say it may take up to 7 days. That's tomorrow. 

A lost package has to be traced by the Norwegian post. That will take time. 

I think this one is lost. 

If anyone has a MicroRendu cover for sale, let me know ?

it's likely on a truck on route and will not show up in the tracking until its scanned again. 

34 minutes ago, rickca said:

Here are my impressions of the microRendu clock upgrade.

Sonore has really unlocked the potential of this device.  When you go ... wait, it's never done that before ... you know you've made a good decision.  

So what's different?  Treble has prettier shimmer and sparkle, just more finesse.  Bass is more well defined.  Pizzicato sounds like you're playing the instrument yourself.  

I had to move the microRendu from my nearfield monitors to a more sophisticated system to really hear all it could do.  That alone is a pretty good endorsement.

I'll be interested to hear from people who have both an ultraRendu and a microRendu clock upgrade.   I still feel the microRendu is somewhat restrained. 

There you go...enjoy!

29 minutes ago, DarwinOSX said:

Just further confirmation to me to go straight to the Ultra rendu.  Which is exactly what they want you to do and what the upgrade pricing is based on.

But since my end speakers are def LS50W it seems I can buy a Sonic Transport instead and get both a Roon server and feed the Kef's via UPNP without needing the Micro Rendu or Ultra Rendu at all.  Decisions, decisions.

If you are going to use the SonoreUPNP Bridge the sonicTransporter will do the trick.

30 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I think Jesus deleted it. But I guess you got the links and the message in your email, of a very good USB cable based on John Swenson way of doing shielding. 

Stop telling people I delete posts. The cable related posts were moved here:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27811-power-supplies-and-cables-observations-considerations-commentary/

1 hour ago, alcarp said:

Jesus, can you arrange for your Australian and U.K. Agents to do the 1.4 upgrade? It's expensive and time consuming to ship back to the US.

This is in the works. I would contact them and ask them to let you know when they are ready.  

9 hours ago, soares said:

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I received my 1.4 mR update.

Immediately I could see an overall improvement on everything. What strike me more was the sound stage and the space between the instruments and voices. Tone seems to be a little better also.

I reserve my final views to other future occasion, but so far, I must say its a success. 

Congratulations Jesus!    

Thanks.