IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

• 2 weeks later...
Roon server sits on a machine on your network that sees the music files and builds its library. Roon remote is on a tablet or computer that you use to browse that library. microRendu (in RoonReady mode) accepts Roon stream and plays it to your DAC.

So it's not a player then ?

rogerdn

• 4 weeks later...
I would highly recommend that you consider a separate supply from the supply which feeds your Server and router. The point of the µRendu is to get noise away from the audio system, you can best do this by removing the router and server from any proximity to your audio system physically, and by powering them from as isolated a branch of your AC supply as possible. Best is to power them in another room, from the other phase of your homes AC supply, as this gives the most isolation. then power the µRendu from a dedicated, ultra low noise and low impedance power supply. Despite the "isolation" claimed by Your HDPlex, this does nothing to isolate the AC supplies, and standard consumer parts like the MoBo in your CAPS and the power supply for the router are going to put lots of noise back out onto the AC line-ideally you want to remove this AC line noise source from any proximity to your audio system.

What about a switch, should it be moved ?

rogerdn

• 3 weeks later...
Does it make a difference if the rest of the Ethernet cable is 5a that's in the walls? So the only Ethernet cable that would be your linked wire is from the wall plate to the µRendu. Thoughts?

Good question, would like to know too.

rogerdn

• 2 weeks later...

Got my BatteryBUSS back today from 7.5v conversion so got running with Roon, simple except took long time for my nework to find it, wonderful sound but so far a little on the sterile side for me, hope it warms up with burnin. SonicTransporter/Synology and Curious cable for now into Yggy.

rogerdn

Folks who are noticing that the uR becomes very warm/hot, it depends if the DAC draws power or not. Since the uR arrived last week it was connected to the Schiit Yggy where the USB is bus powered and the uR was very warm to touch (I reported this earlier). Yesterday I switched to PS Audio DS which needs the 5v just for the handshake and is not bus powered. Since then the uR is just a bit warm to touch. I am still using the iFI power supply and still undecided what to get as an upgraded power supply.

On listening impression, I will just keep it short and simple for now and say that my PS Audio DS DAC had never sounded this good in my system. Though the uRendu is supposed to have galvanic isolation on the USB ends, I found that adding another level of isolation with Intona did wonders and extended almost every aspect of the SQ by a little more. I am using uR in HQP/NAA mode.

So how does it compare the Yggy sq ?

rogerdn

Post an image of the information about the DAC from /Settings/System Settings/Custom DAC GUI page. What did you put in the DAC Audio Device field?

I put hw:0,1 in that field, for certain.

Since posting I went back and deleted the Schiit Custom DAC, now cannot get the gui to open but have it showing in SonicOrbiter.com, my Net Analyizer doesn't show this address however.

image.png

rogerdn

With the default setting, which works:

Schiit Audio Schiit USB Audio Gen 2 at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:

Interface = 1

Altset = 1

Packet Size = 31

Momentary freq = 44100 Hz (0x5.8333)

Feedback Format = 16.16

Interface 1

Altset 1

Format: S16_LE

Channels: 2

Endpoint: 5 OUT (ASYNC)

Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000

Data packet interval: 125 us

Interface 1

Altset 2

Format: S24_3LE

Interface 1

Altset 3

Format: S32_LE

Data packet interval: 125 usaccess: RW_INTERLEAVED

format: S16_LE

subformat: STD

channels: 2

rate: 44100 (44100/1)

period_size: 5513

buffer_size: 22050

With the recommended hw:0,1 setting (play stops immediately):

Schiit Audio Schiit USB Audio Gen 2 at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:

Interface 1

Altset 1

Format: S16_LE

Interface 1

Altset 2

Format: S24_3LE

Interface 1

Altset 3

Format: S32_LE

Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)

My Yggy couldn't connect either, I did a Custom DAC delete to get back to USB but I can no longer see the gui, how did you get the default back ?

rogerdn

On the MPD/DLNA settings page there's a menu that selects between "None", "USB", and your custom DAC. When you deleted the custom DAC, could it have gone back to "None"?

I was using Roon, but can't answer your question because can no longer see my gui, all I can do is get my SonicOrbiter.com screen, see my 1962 post., grrrrr.

rogerdn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dev said,

I recently tried the Yggy with all the HQP upsampling mode at 192k. The Yggy mega-burrito filter sounds far superior in my setup - more space around instruments and vocal, wider soundstage and 3D imaging.

Compared to what DAC ?

rogerdn

• 3 weeks later...
I have a sample question :

Can this device work only with the below setup for playing back songs ?

NAS - Network Switch - Microrendu - DAC ( controlled by ipad )

I am keen not to have a PC in the playback chain. I connect to my NAS only when I want to add music.

I do this regularly, use mconnect on my iPad works great, synology 412+/minimserver, AirPort Extreme.

rogerdn