IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Did you notice which power supply was being used? Any discussion on when they'll be ready for market.....

It is a power supply that is available now and can cost > $8000 depending on the opltions you select. The example shown here has extra options for amplification using tubes ;-)

$8k for a power supply should be a doozy. Probably stick to an Ifi or a Uptone PS. I can buy a lot of music for 8k. ;)

Or the integrated amplifier Lio that is powering the microRendu in this case (there is no separate power supply used)

• 2 weeks later...
Of course we have been shipping overseas. People forget that shipping in the US takes 1 or 2 or 3 days max so everyone here is getting their unit's first.

Great! Did any customer from Europe who ordered the 30th of April get some confirmation or maybe even tracking information? I woke up very early that day but maybe my order slipped trough somehow. I might be as eager now as I was sleepy at 5.45 am so I am just hoping my order is not delayed until June.

Did anyone already listen to the microRendu together with a Chord Hugo? And how does Ifi+microrendu compare to Squeezebox + Regen?

• 2 weeks later...
Beats argan oil. Extracted from nuts pooped out by goats and sells for $300 a liter!

How much is that horse manure? I would like to bury my wife in it and see if she sounds better [emoji6]

On topic: did anybody try the BOTWS eco 6v with the microRendu? Or their special adapter for the regen adapter, on the microRendu?

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you find the mR at vortexbox? Which address?

If I can order from Europe that would be great!!!

It is also around €20,- cheaper if you count in postage, VAT and import duties. Vortexbox.co.uk

Where did you find the mR at vortexbox? Which address?

If I can order from Europe that would be great!!!

It is also around €20,- cheaper if you count in postage, VAT and import duties. Vortecbox.co.uk

Yes it can. The microRendu will be in squeezelite mode. Squeezelite emulates a squeezebox, so for the LMS on the Synology it will be as if you are using a squeezebox. With one important difference: a real squeezebox has a build in Dac and can be connected to a Dac using USB, coax and glass, a microrendu has no Dac and can only be used to connect to an external Dac using USB.

In my experience the microRendu connected to your Dac will sound better than a squeezebox connected to your Dac (I have a Chord Hugo and a Ciunas Dac but I only tested the Hugo).

LMS has a browser interface so you can use that or you use an app. There are several but on an ipad most people seem to prefer iPeng.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Nice. Any way to do that in the LMS interface itself, do you know? I'm not using a phone or ipad. It seems I just have one "music" folder available to me. I'd love to be able to browse my folder structure. Thanks.

When you click on Music folder, or Disks and folders in the Web interface of LMS (usually in something like http://youserveripaddress:9000) you can browse your folders.

Sent from my D6633 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, rickca said:

Well, this was a well kept secret!  John has described some of the differences between the microRendu and ultraRendu in an earlier post.  I'd like to fully understand the differences between an ultraRendu and an upgraded microRendu in order to decide which way I want to go.  Anyway this is a nice surprise.

Will the ultraRendu and the microRendu update both be available on the same date? 

Will there be an upgrade path/offer to upgrade to ultraRendu?

7 minutes ago, John A said:

That wasn't what he asked.  He asked if it was possible to upgrade the microRendu to an ultraRendu instead of just updating the mR.  It's a valid question.  

Yes, that is what I was wondering about: will there be an upgrade option from microRendu (1.3) to ultraRendu?

I would make the choice between microRendu 1.4 and ultraRendu, which I guess has even more goodness compared to microRendu 1.4.