IGNORED

Curious Cables Configiurations Connections and Conversations (about)...

I received my Curious Regen Link on Monday and have let it burn in constantly until today. I was a little disappointed in the results. It was a little ill defined in the bass and I lost some energy through out the frequency response. Rob Woodland contacted me and said he was shipping me a new Link with a shipping label to send the first one back. He said a small batch went out with the direction of the signal going the wrong way. That was very helpful that he was so tentative to customer service. Now I'm contemplating to go with the .8 meter USB also. I want to give accolades to Rob for such great customer service.

How can an electrical signal from a computer to a DAC go through a cable the wrong way, unless the connections were wrong. In that case, I wouldn't expect it to work at all.

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, SWL3600 said:

Ok....I've made it to the 100 hour mark. Yayyy.:D Time to do some comparisons.....

Removed the full loom of Curious Regen Links and went back to the hard adaptors I was using prior. Before I got the CCRL's, I compared the hard adaptors to all the other USB cables I have in house....that's including the Pangea Silver. It's the best one I've got but it's 12' long. The hard adaptors sounded better.

First impressions of putting the hard adaptors back in the system was that the soundstage was smaller. Very, very noticeable. Other than that, the sound isn't that much different. The full loom of Regen-Links is warmer, richer and smoother. No doubt about it. It is very easy to hear the difference but it's not drastic. If I wasn't locked into the sweetspot, I might not be able to discern a difference. 

Since I am off work this week, I'm gonna keep this going. I'll see if I can get over 150 hours run through the CCRL's. 

If this is as good as they get, they're keepers. I have to admit, I was really hoping for more and I'm somewhat left hanging here but maybe they need more burn-in. Another 'baby step' in the right direction.....hopefully with a little more burn-in that baby step will get bigger.

By the way, this is not through cans. It's through my main rig in a 19x13 room with an 11' equilateral triangle determining the sweetspot. Heavily treated room. Bass traps and absorption. No diffusors yet.....

I don't know by what mechanism the sound of cables would change after X number of hundreds of hours use, other than by expectation bias. I know if I paid $450+ for a couple of pieces of wire I would hope that they would sound better than $2 worth of hard adapters, too. I do hope the Curious cables work out for you, though. All's well that ends well.

6 minutes ago, SWL3600 said:

I didn't pay $450+.....don't know where you got that from?

I paid $120.00 each. ($240.00 total)

Yeah, they damn well better sound better than the cheap hard adaptors. However, in my system the cheap hard adaptors bested other cables in the house including the Pangea Silver.

Go figure....

I apologize, I didn't realize that you only had two REGEN links. The regular 0.8M to 2.0 M Curious USB cables sell for $340-$580 each.