IGNORED

MQA at CES

Hey Guys - You have some pretty strong words for MQA and its inventors. I encourage you to post questions in the MQA Q&A thread. It would be great to have your opinions evaluated / peer reviewed by the inventor of the technology.

It seems that when those "besserwisser's" are afraid of confronting Bob directly.

If I have understood things correctly, it has more or less been proven that there is more distortions in a MQA encoded (and upsampled) 16 bit file than the original file.

It also seems to me that HQPlayer is partly doing the same things that the encoding side of MQA is doing. Jud gave a very good explanation that made me understand it was more than just a simple player.

I have asked Bob to comment on Miska's and other findings, so if you also kindly could ask Bob to do some comments on those linked blogs when you close the Q&A thread, we hopefully will get a better understanding if those finding are correct or not. It would be a bit strange if we do not get Bob's comments.

I notice that during that interview it was said instead of keeping one MP3, one Apple version, one Redbook, one Hi-res, on Tidal, we only need the MQA file in Tidal to cover it all.

Bob probably can't answer for Tidal, so maybe you can get Pål Bråterud as well to answer how this MQA implementation on Tidal is done. (When the MQA switch is flipped).

Well, with only 10 to 20 MQA albums available today, I think the firmware update has little value.

Maybe content will be available also tomorrow?

How about Tidal celebrate the MQA introduction with a very nice and limited $100 offer on the Explorer2 to all subscribers :D

Something for Bob to think about....