IGNORED

Master & Dynamic MH40 balanced mode?

I tried out a pair of Master & Dynamic MH40 headphones this morning and noticed that they have dual audio inputs.

Apparently you can get stereo sound by plugging a 3.5mm cable into either side, but I am wondering whether you can use these in balanced mode with a Pono Player? Anyone have any experience or information on using these in balanced mode?

Thanks.

I tried out a pair of Master & Dynamic MH40 headphones this morning and noticed that they have dual audio inputs. Apparently you can get stereo sound by plugging a 3.5mm cable into either side, but I am wondering whether you can use these in balanced mode with a Pono Player? Anyone have any experience or information on using these in balanced mode? Thanks.

Have you tried plugging a stereo source into both sides at the same time, to see if both sides will play together? If that works, then feed the left side with left channel only (no common ground) and right side with right channel only (no common ground), and you'd have it, yes? Unless of course the inputs on the headphone are permanently wired with a common ground, which would fail the test.

Have you tried plugging a stereo source into both sides at the same time, to see if both sides will play together? If that works, then feed the left side with left channel only (no common ground) and right side with right channel only (no common ground), and you'd have it, yes? Unless of course the inputs on the headphone are permanently wired with a common ground, which would fail the test.

Sounds like a reasonable thing to try, feed them from two different sources and see if they play back both. I'm leaning toward the Nighthawks if they sound good with the Pono.