IGNORED

Amarra Symphony and Audirvana crash after El Capitan upgrade

Bob383rad

This is of no help I realize, but I'm running El Capitan version 10.11.2 (15C50) and a MBP Retina (late 2013) and I've had no problem with either application. I'm using Amarra 3.0.3 (4559) but not Amarra Symphony. My MBP has the Intel Core i5, 2.4 GHz, and 8GB RAM.

I have noticed that Amarra is a bit finicky about showing the menu bar, in case you are choosing the option in Finder to hide it. But it plays just fine for me after the latest OS revision.

Also, possibly worth noting, I don't use Audirvana in iTunes integrated mode.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Thank you for your input. I use neither Amarra Symphony or Audirvana Plus with iTunes. Since both are crashing with multiple reboots, I believe this is an El Capitan issue. Both programs have worked flawlessly for over a year until this Apple upgrade.

Are you running v 2.2.5 for Audirvana? I do wonder if it is worth trashing and reinstalling the app to see if that makes any difference.

Also Damien mentions in http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/audirvana-2-2-ios-remote-25262/index45.html#post494537 that he may have version 2.3 ready sometime this month. And that, of course, would be worth trying.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Both players have worked flawlessly in my system until this latest El Capitan upgrade. Now both will play for a little over a minute before crashing. Rebooting just repeats the problem. I've notified Apple and Sonic Studios.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Never upgrade the OSX without having a bootable backup of your entire computer on external media in case something goes buggy. Use a program such as Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper! to create said backup on a SD card or external disk drive. I personally don't see the point in upgrading an OSX that is working well with the apps that you use daily.

The likely problem here is trying to run El Capitan on an older computer. El Capitan is known to have issues with USB. The fix is to go back to Yosemite, or Mavericks, or whatever OSX you were using before.

I have four Macs. On them, I'm still running Tiger, Snow Leopard, and Mavericks. I have Yosemite installed on one partition of my music server Mac, but I never use it.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Never upgrade the OSX without having a bootable backup of your entire computer on external media in case something goes buggy. Use a program such as Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper! to create said backup on a SD card or external disk drive.

This is the best practice, by far.