IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

Respectfully, I don't mean to question or criticise the choices you have made. I believe you would have been better off buying the industrial version of the Intona.

With the industrial version, you get a great sound quality improvement, without the hassle and expense of adding other devices, and their wall wart power supplies.

I plan on doing a detailed review of the Intona industrial (I have the JCat version). I currently lack the time to go into details. But, I owned the ifi iUSB3 for 5 months. I know it very well. It made a noticeable improvement to the sound.

But, compared to the Intona industrial, it is lightweight. In sound quality terms, if the Intona Industrial rates a 10 out of 10, the ifi is a 7. Yes, the Intona Industrial is that much better (in my system).

I will give more details when I have the time to do a full review. But the Intona Industrial (or Jcat USB isolator, which is the same thing in a nicer case), is the real deal.

If you have both the standard and industrial Intonas, please advise the differences you've found between them, cheers.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Thanks @lmitche, that's what i was looking for. Everything's relative, the more you spend will it proportionally have a better SQ, the eternal question.

The review at audiostream where Steve Plaskin reviews the industrial Intona, also compared the iUSB3.0 with a) different USB cables b) linear power supply and in his opinion the IUSB3.0 sounded better. If you throw $ at anything should things improve, generally yes BUT, government services and promises are the notable exceptions!!

Here's a shopping list of hardware and prices let's start with the

Intona standard EUR255 (inc VAT)

Intona Industrial EUR350 (inc VAT) 30% price increase over the standard

ifi micro iUSB3.0 EUR448 (inc VAT) add Sbooster BOTW P&P ECO 9-10V EUR270 Total EUR718

(NB, the LPS-1 doesn't have the 2.5A drive required for the iUSB3.0 unless you have four LSP-1...! ~USD1540)

Also add Wireworld cables or those of your choice, another easy EUR180-250++

I'm quite happy with the standard Intona, RUR (and it's bog standard PSU ahead of the Intona). It blocks leakage current, that's all I'm interested in.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA