IGNORED

Melco N1A - any users here willing to share their feedback ?

2 hours ago, Nouchka said:

Hi,

I’m an owner of a streamer SOTM SMS-200, directly connected to a DIY NAS based on Intel server board with a Xeon processor, Apacer RAM, SSD with audiophile SATA cables and a good power supply. This server runs on Windows 2016 with audiophile optimizer, fidelizer and Process Lasso.

It has taken me time to optimize this NAS, by disabling lot of non-used process and hardware. I would say the result is really good, very dynamic and transparent.

I wonder if replacing this NAS with a Melco one would result on an upgrade. Does someone of you has compared a good NAS based on windows server with a Melco NAS?

Until now, removing computer device from my audio system always result in an improvement, so I wonder if this is the same with NAS device.

Thanks in advance for your feedback :-)

CAT

I went the DIY way, then the Mac way (Mini then Macbook Pro) but didn't hear much of a difference. Have the Melco for nearly 2 months: it's magical, a stunning experience, I especially apprecaite ability to mix 16/44 with 24/192 files on the fly. Gorgeous experience.

46 minutes ago, HmJ said:

I went the DIY way, then the Mac way (Mini then Macbook Pro) but didn't hear much of a difference. Have the Melco for nearly 2 months: it's magical, a stunning experience, I especially apprecaite ability to mix 16/44 with 24/192 files on the fly. Gorgeous experience.

Great feedback, thank-you.

So, just to be sure: before having the Melco, did you already work with a NAS in your system or was it an "all in one" solution (MAC with audirvana, local hard drive...)?

And now, do you use the melco as a NAS only, or is it directly connected to the DAC?

5 minutes ago, Nouchka said:

Great feedback, thank-you.

So, just to be sure: before having the Melco, did you already work with a NAS in your system or was it an "all in one" solution (MAC with audirvana, local hard drive...)?

And now, do you use the melco as a NAS only, or is it directly connected to the DAC?

It was an all in one solution, never used NAS. Now I use the Melco directly connected to a Devialet Expert Pro as DAC.

• 2 years later...

It seems the HDD died in my N1A/2!:(

Songs stop playing during playback, and the counter that shows how many minutes left rapidly fast forwards to zero. Some songs play full, others will stop after a few seconds, it's totally random. Can someone point me to a reliable HDD drive that I can buy to replace my faulty ones? Thank you in advance.

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound