IGNORED

Streaming Amarra for Tidal to an Apple TV, 1st Gen.

I've just signed up for the free trial of Tidal and Amarra for Tidal (A4T). Loving it! My initial impressions are that it comes close enough to 16/44 files on my HDDs that it is the first streaming service I'm seriously considering subscribing to. The sound quality is much better than the standalone Tidal app. I would like to see Amarra finally fix the bugs that have had us pay to put of with years, but (for now) they've decided to import them into the new app. I would also love to see, as a jazz fan in particular, a larger selection, but I do realize that is not solely within Tidal's control.

Now for the question at hand, I currently do whole-house audio with this setup:

1) Files on HDD in main listening room--->

2) Playback through iTunes on Mac Mini--->

3) AirTunes (the predecessor to AirPlay) to ATV1--->

4) Analog interconnects out from ATV1 to Russound multi-room distributor---->

5) 4 different rooms around the house.

Problems and Possible Solutions:

1) I have an ATV3 to which iTunes (and possibly A4T-see below) also streams, but it has no analog IC outputs, so no connection to Russound is possible.

2) ATV1 does not do AirPlay natively. From my research, it seems that RemoteHD would enable this function (Remote HD Features). This would solve the problem IF I wanted to stream from my iPhone or iPad, but I would like the capability of streaming directly from the A4T app to the ATV1.

3) It appears Amarra can be configured for AirPlay (Amarra FAQ), but that would not solve my ATV1 problem unless problem 2 is solved. Also, it is not clear that the Amarra Airplay solution is applicable to Amarra for Tidal.

4) It appears that an app called Airfoil (Airfoil for Mac 4.0.2 | Macworld) would allow streaming of any audio source on the Mac Mini to any AirPlay device.

Any suggestions are welcome that don't involve re-writing code or some other sophisticated hack. Based on what I've researched so far, I'm leaning towards installing Airfoil and configuring Amarra for Tidal to do AirPlay (if that can be done).

*ANTIPODES CX--- Ethernet--->

*CARY DMS-600 STREAMER/DAC---> XLR ICs--->

*CARY SLP-05 preamp (Ultimate Upgrade ed.)---> XLR ICs--->

*CLAYTON M-300 amps--->

*MARTIN LOGAN Spire speakers.