IGNORED

Pro vs Audiophile Obssession

I think Pros tend to look down for the obvious reasons. Voodoo doesn't cut it in the studio. Solid equipment and knowledge does.

I've been through the videos / links and for the life of me I've kept an eye out for all the esoteric bullshit that I keep seeing from audiophiles and have yet to see it.

I don't see USB dongles, cable lifters, $200 / ft interconnects or speaker cables. No spatial sticks etc.... Watch the videos. When you see the equipment racks pause the videos and take a look.

Don't know what Cookie Marenco's cables (which I believe she makes herself) cost, but she does pay attention to cables at least. I've got no idea if she uses any of the rest of what you've listed. Pierre Sprey of Mapleshade uses his own stuff in making his recordings, and yes, there are cable lifts along with his own esoteric cables.

Regardless of the believability or otherwise of anything they say, the recordings coming from these two producers sound really, really good. There are certainly other producers who don't use this sort of stuff who get good sound as well. More than one way to do it, I suppose.

I'll reiterate that watching through the linked videos I've yet to see any audiophile niche solutions. Is this what is considered cross examination?

I make my own cables also. Belden / Canare / nuetrik

Perhaps because none of them work for audiophile recording companies?

I looked through these links and they all seem to be recording engineers who work for major and indie labels. I didn't find any audiophile recording engineers among them. I am glad that these recording engineers trust their ears.

However, it is audiophile recording engineers who live or die by how realistic their recordings sound that are the ones who obsess over sound quality. And why I prefer audiophile recordings above all others for both the very talented musicians who don't require audio tricks to be great and the very enjoyable realistic sound audiophile recording engineers bring into my home.

You sound like you know the quality of the work the mixing engineers in the links are producing. Very impressive.